1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What should I do. . .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by megaoreoprime, Mar 1, 2010.

1. megaoreoprime

megaoreoprime Member

I'm considering buying an onxy DS Lite off a friend. . . It comes with an R4 and 2 2GB Micro SD's for like 130. . . Should I do that? Or, buy a newish DS, and like an M3 Zero, or an R4i Gold later on???

2. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

However the R4 is not the best card...
    So, I would say you better wait, buy a new (and better) DS (maybe a XL) and buy a "acecard"

But in the end... Is your chose

3. Buppazugan

Buppazugan Well-Known Member

If you are speaking in $'s i would say go for your friends DS, it costs roughly the same as a second hand DS anyway, plus it will save you time and hassle of finding an R4 website with reliable delivery (I know one but it's UK only :p)
    Post Merge: [time]1267487051[/time]
    I have an R4 - Upgrade and it is working perfectly for me, what makes it worse then the others?

4. megaoreoprime

megaoreoprime Member

I just want to know if it can handle the games I want to put on it. . . Chrono Trigger, Inside Bowser Story, the three Castlevanias, Raganarok. . .

5. Buppazugan

My R4 can play Ragnarok and Chrono Trigger. Haven't tried the others.

6. megaoreoprime

megaoreoprime Member

What about Kingdom Hearts? And, what's the biggest MicroSD the thing can handle? I wasn't planning to go higher than 4GB's if I could.

7. Buppazugan

Well the site i bought mine from was including 16gb as the highest, and i'm currently playing Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days on my R4 right now :p

8. super_pastafari32

I really don't know.
    But I know that when a game don't work you just patch it and it gets better.
    However if i said that the R4 isn't' the best is because it have the worst compatibility, but... If you are awesome you can handle it and repair some of the imperfections XD

9. megaoreoprime

megaoreoprime Member

I heard CycloDS was the best card, or the M3DSReal.

10. super_pastafari32

Actually, it's the acecard
    but it varies from the preferences of the people... i don't know

11. megaoreoprime

megaoreoprime Member

What puts the Acekard ahead of everyone???

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Firmware.