1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What should I do (LSlite + GBAhack, DSi, DS+GBAhack)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deathbreak911, Jun 12, 2009.

?

What should I do?

1. Keep your busted up DS, get GBA hack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Get DS lite and hack the GBA slot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Get DSi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Do nothing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Well, I have a busted up DS, and I want to know if I should get a DS lite with a GBA port hacked, keep my DS and hack the GBA port, or just get a DSi.
    I already have an acekard 2i but there's more stuff that I would like to do with the GBA port. IS there a chance that new games will require firmware updates and what so I'll need the DSi?

EDIT: Also, what should I get for the GBA slot?

2. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Id say what ever you go dont get a DSi. from the looks of it you still want a GBA slot for some reason (probably to play GBA games) and The DSi dosnt have one. Id stick to a DSlite because theres no reason to upgrade.... atleast none that I can think of....

3. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

That's not true. Not at all. There are plenty of reasons to get a DSi over a DS Lite, but there's no reason for Deathbreak to when he wants to hack a GBA slot.

4. Renji217

Like what?? A camera?? Thats more of a gimmick if anything. The internet browser?? Its CRAP and whats the point since you got a computer/laptop?? Plus it dosnt have a GBA slot so how are you suppose to play games that require one?? That means you cant upload your previous pokemons to D/P/PL/HG/SS, you cant use the Guittar Hero perifiral, not to mention youll make your GBA games obsolete. (unless you have a GBA)

5. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

Since when did backwards compatibility decide ANYTHING? Everyone acts like losing the GBA slot means you can't play games on the damn thing any more - why is that? Isn't the DS good enough a console for you that you just HAVE to be able to play GBA games on it as well?

Anyway. The camera is good. Evidently you don't have a DSi and you've never played around with one, otherwise you'd know the camera is actually pretty good for the resolution. Besides, anyone who uses their DSi as a camera either has no camera on them at the time they want to take a picture, or they're too cheap to buy a better camera. The browser is awesome, by the way. Again, evidently you've not played around with one or you'd know that. Sure, it's hardly Firefox but it works for what it's there for... Which isn't to replace normal internet use.

6. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

yeah i don't play my gba games anyways

7. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

The camera is 0.3 megapixel, this is not good. It may look ok on a DSi screen but there is no way you could possibly say that a 0.3mp image is good even with the best opitics.

I am surprised that you did not mention that the DSi has a better cpu than the DS.

8. failtorespond

failtorespond Well-Known Member

I like the bigger screen of the DSi. I must also admit I like the availability of dsi ware, which I am sure will prove itself useful in the future. Also, the matte finish is the best added touch to the DSi.

I have to admit though, the camera additions is a load of crap, and I do miss the GBA slot.

9. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

You should eat Pie!

10. failtorespond

Everyone likes pie!

11. lampslammer

lampslammer Well-Known Member

get a ds lite, an edge card, and a 4gig micro sd. and you can hold all the music, games, and video you want at once. and snes as well. and you could do it for not much more than a dsi. the dslite has an excellent battery(the best part about it.) and you wont lose the gba slot. and if u get a memory expansion for the gba port you can have internet too. ive had this setup forever. its as capable as a psp or dsi minus the shitty camera.

unless a shitty camera is worth the switch to you, screw a dsi.

12. Deathbreak911

But what about the extra CPU? How long before that affects what games you can and can't play?

13. Renji217

By that time there will probably be a better answer to your problem.

14. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

A question you should ask is why the DSi was released with no DSi only or DSi enhanced software for it. Obviously there is DSiWare, but where are the AAA big money games for the DSi?

15. failtorespond

The part that kills me is wondering why did they decide to ditch the gba port when they have perephrials for it, for games that are just coming out. Kinda dumb to come out with 3 guitar hero games in such a short time, then ditch the gba port on the new hardware. I wonder what the hidden agenda really was with the DSi.

The other thing that pisses me off is that they don't sell new black or white DS Lites in the stores anymore.

16. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

DRM - http://www.defectivebydesign.org/nintendo-dsi-infected-with-drm

17. miros

miros Well-Known Member

DSi all the way!! My current configuration is an Acekard 2i and an EZ 3-in-1 V GBA cart, and everything works better than perfect. I have absolutely no problems with the Browser, loading DS roms, playing GBA roms and enjoying the occasional rumble featured game. The only thing that I have to add is that I am using the AKAIO firmware and not the offical AK firmware. AKAIO just flows nicer and in my opinion has a better interface.
    bry

EDIT!!!!
    I feel so dumb right now...as I should be, I meant to say DS Lite....DO NOT BUY A DSi!!!!
    Sorry for any misunderstandings I may have caused
    miros
    ps-unless gba games show up as DSiWare for download, there is no chance that they will be played on a DSi

18. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Could you explain how you got a EZ 3-in-1 to work in a DSi, considering that a DSi has no GBA slot?

19. failtorespond

haha good question, I am dying to hear the answer.

20. Deathbreak911

Well everyone I am typing this message on my new dsi. now if only i could prevent getting dust under the screen