1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What Should i buy??A DS or a DSi?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonyxxl, Mar 29, 2010.

1. tonyxxl

tonyxxl Well-Known Member

Hi,everyone,well i'll buy tomorow a nintendo ds!!!!YEAH!!!it is my 1st and you see,i don;t know what to buy,ds lite or dsi?????
    What are the critics that should i follow?the price or the specs?
    here in Greece ds lite is given with a pokemon diamond/pearl/platinum,assasins creed 2 or nintedogs.....your opinion will count very much!you see i don't know much about nintendo....and something else,i know that dsi can use sd memory cards,memory cards can replace the R4,to play my downloaded games???THANKS A LOT!!!!
    I'm desepered,i'm in in a dead end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    +
    sory if wrong section :-(

By your Friend from Greece!!!!!!

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

2. MikeHoncho16

MikeHoncho16 Well-Known Member

Personally, I would buy the green ds lite, since the 3DS is coming out eventually, the price is way less,u get a game, and ur R4 would not work on the DSi. U are correct that the DSi does use an SD card, but the part u hav wrong is the fact that u can play games off of it. This is not the case, to run downloaded games on a DSi, u must have a compatible Flashcart, such as the Acekard 2i. Ur best bet? Hands down, the DS lite.

3. kazroc

kazroc Well-Known Member

i would buy the ds lite the dsi is to much of a time waster when your trying to download games into it, because you have to have the right flashcard and all that.

plus the 3ds is coming out sometime in the future. ;D

but its up to you in the end.

4. tonyxxl

Yeah,thanks for your suggestion but Mike,what are the Flascart,Acekard 2i????cause if i buy dsi to buy one too!well you see i haven't got a R4,so if i put a game in my sd card and use the card on dsi it won't work?

5. MikeHoncho16

MikeHoncho16 Well-Known Member

Exactly, u cant play off of the sd card u put in ur DSi, and the acekard 2i is a flashcard that u can play games on ur DSi off of. U will need a Micro SD card, tho. Some websites offer Acekard 2is with a micro sd and a usb transmitter for the micro sd to ur computer. That is how u get the games on the card. But i wouldnt even consider getting a dsi if i were u, since the number of working flashcards is limited compared to the number of working flashcards for the Lite. Here is a website that sells flashcards with free shipping and low prices. http://priceangels.com/index.html?home=true

6. tonyxxl

Hey thanks but the shop thati will buy it you think that they have acekard or R4?

7. stonegolem

stonegolem Active Member

I have a DSi and I'm using Acekard2i... it's like a perfect combination.

+ DSi's screen is brighter and bigger than DS lite
    + DSi has a memory card slot but honestly I have never used my DSi's memory card for any reason.
    + DSi has 2 integrated cameras... but again I have never used them as well.
    + There is a common problem on DS Lite's hinges. A crack might happen even if you used it properly. All of my friends with DS Lite has that crack around the hinges even they took care of their device very well.
    - DSi doesn't have the GBA cartridge slot (DS Lite has that)

8. knightof3

knightof3 Well-Known Member

I would buy the dsi cus i like everything about it more than the ds except no gameboy games but its not necessary if your short on money its not too much different but i like the dsi alot better it just feels better and smoother for some no apparent reason

9. tonyxxl

ME TOO!DSI'S PACK IS INCLUDES A SD CARD??

10. knightof3

no it doesnt but its not too expensive and only necessary for music and pics but the ds has a little bit of memory already

11. tonyxxl

Hey thanks but the shop that i will buy it you think that they have acekard or R4?

12. knightof3

no flashcarts are not sold in any stores in my knowledge so you will have to get them from a website. i mean who would want to give their customers infinite free games? XD

13. tonyxxl

and what they are exactly?

14. knightof3

i dont think i can tell you sites directly im not sure just search for it its quite easy to find on the carts original website