1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What Romulation Stands for..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryuichimaru, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryuichimaru

Ryuichimaru Member

The #1 NO-BULLSHIT resource for everything emulation, seriously, ask anyone. Up-to-date GBA ROMs and NDS ROMs!

NO-BULLSHIT huh? Well funny.. in an ironic way, thats BULLSHIT. The part at the end "NDS ROMs!" Should be removed, since Romulation no longer supplies 'free to test' DS roms. I understand their reason for taking them off, its just that.. Its kinda like false advertizing. lol.

They have stopped with the DS roms for quite a while now, and people are always using search engines to find roms they want.

In the end, even if romulation stops supplying DS roms, they cant stop the thousand other sites from supplying roms. lol. Whats the point?
    Just to prove some moral standing? But still, their reasons are their reasons. 'least chance the slogan.

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

This is a very informative topic and i will subscribe to your newsletter

3. Ryuichimaru

Ryuichimaru Member

The DS is dying out fast, what with the DSi and 3DS already being big sellers (mostly the 3DS, already sold to more people than the Wii ever could) and there wont be any emulators for them coming out, not for the DSi, neither the 3DS. So there's not much point to this at all. lol.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The 3DS has virtual console games, so technically it has emulators for it.

5. sylar1000

Newsflash bro, no one cares enough about the dsiware or the 2 DSi-only games. DS still has a lot of games coming out

6. Ryuichimaru

Ryuichimaru Member

Consoles are becoming too complex, emulator production has slowed recently, Idk.. I can see soon enough there wont be any more emulators coming out at all. Since a console is made by a whole company, so its not easy for some lone programmer to make a console for it, Atleast thats why I predict.
    Post Merge: [time]1300700049[/time]
    Alright, fine.. I'll go with your point on this, Sylar. But that only propagates the false reason for romulation not supplying DS roms anymore. And I dont realy mind it, but like I said, thay should change their slogan, in the least.

7. sylar1000

DS games gotten taken off because of the ESA, that's the only reason

8. Ryuichimaru

Ryuichimaru Member

Interesting.. Since the ESA has so much influence on Romulation, why haven't they taken down any other DS sites? Surely romulation is'nt the only one. And there are others out there who supply more roms than Romulation.

9. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

10. Ryuichimaru

Ryuichimaru Member

Lets get back to the point, If i whine about it, it wont bring the DS roms back, lol. But romulation should chance their slogan.
    Post Merge: [time]1300700387[/time]
    *change
    Post Merge: [time]1300700490[/time]
    I still use romulation's "releases" info page. I dont have a bone to pick with them, this is just me giving them a head's up that they are still advertizing DS roms in their slogan.

11. sylar1000

romulation is pretty well known, so they went after them

12. will1008

Would you be happy if they would change it to, let's say, "A Community with NDS ROMS!" or something?

13. Ryuichimaru

Ryuichimaru Member

lol. Just change it to what they are supplying. Such as.. "Free GBA roms! Their old so their free, give us 10 years and the DS roms will be old and free too!"

14. sylar1000

It should be: Romulation: No NDS Roms here TeeHee

15. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Any other large rom site that has enough of an impact for video game companies to consider them a "threat" (like RomUlation) will eventually lose such roms.

Really? The 3DS has already sold 85 million? I highly doubt that.

I don't why we're feeding Ryuichimaru.

16. will1008

Yeah, sorry 'bout that.
    /unfeed (or whatever the heck it is)

17. Ryuichimaru

Ryuichimaru Member

Yeah.. thats true. I got my info straight. The 3DS has more pre-orders than the Wii, and in the end.. Im sure they'll sell more than the Wii anyway ;)

18. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Inaccurate. There's an entire community of people who analyse and reverse-engineer consoles to develop emulators. It's definitely not the same as a single person doing the work of a company and building their own new console.

Also, if you think "emulator production has slowed", it's just because NDS emulators are already very effective (though I believe DeSmuME is still being worked on). Emulators for other platforms are also progressing.

Uh, they have. Many times. RomU is lucky it lasted this long, considering its size and popularity.

19. Ryuichimaru

Ryuichimaru Member

Hm.. I thought they gave up with the DesMuMe emulator, and released its source code? Concidering there ARE other rom sites out there, and if the DesMuMe still is in improvement.. Well, thats about that. Im satisfied.
    Post Merge: [time]1300701410[/time]
    Btw, you guys know if Pokemon Black and White will be released for the DS? or is it the 3DS? I have a friend thats crazy about pokemon, lol.

20. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Maybe you could start your own site and call it what you like

Donkey3ds
    Nuggetroms(only if your going to host roms) of course
    PSPIloveBieberIsos
    IneedtogetoutmoreDS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.