1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What program do you use to download music?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roy mustang, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Roy mustang

Roy mustang Well-Known Member

I use Frostwire how about you guys?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

bittorrent, but I don't generally download music. (i.e most of what's available is crap)

3. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I used to use a program called Ares, but then they made Pay to Download...Then I wanted to use Limewire, but I chose to use Frostwire and I'm happier. Even though I hear there's no real difference because they run on the same network, I'm still happy. My collection of music has gone up pretty fast because of it...

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

utorrent for batch MP3 downloads, like Album sets & Discographies & LimeWire for local Filipino music.

5. Reider

Reider Modereider

The internet. :p

Its amazing what you can find if you have the right connections.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

:p

Limewire or uTorrent/BitTorrent to download full discographies, which is bloody a lot easier.

7. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Yeah, I use Bittorrent, and I use to use Limewire...

8. king_kanyon

king_kanyon New Member

i have u torrent so i go to the pirate bay and download the full cd.

or i use lime wire be carefull.

9. actually, I use a site, www.dilandau.com
    kinda useful, but sometimes hard to find a song your looking for

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah I found that off a topic here in General Discussion some time ago. Very good site, only problem is you can't be too sure it's a decent music file, and you have to rename them yourself.

11. good memory AJ...I think I started that topic actually...though someone else posted that site
    some links don't even give you the right song, or a song at all
    and sometimes you can listen to the song, but not download it -.-
    still, if you don't wanna use software, its a pretty good deal

12. Roy mustang

Roy mustang Well-Known Member

That's why froswire/limewires good i mean sure there swimming with viruses and Russian hackers, but its normally easy to tell if its a virus, hearing nothing when you try to preview it or abnormally fast download speeds when trying to download a file are sure signs of a malicious program.

13. abnormally fast download speeds? O.O I dream of that day :D

14. adriskrayzee

adriskrayzee Well-Known Member

When I need to download full albums, I use many bittorrent trackers like Demonoid or Mininova.
    When it comes just to a single song, I just google "Name of the song download" and it will show a lot of sites with free MP3 downloads, all those programs like Limewire, Frostwire, Ares or Shareaza are full of viruses.

15. Ares was useless to me, never got anything I was looking for
    I do love mininova though, I use it for all my torrent needs :D

16. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Firefox. Direct downloads win.
    uTorrent if I must.

Loony: Just because most mainstream is crap doesn't mean there isn't more obscure bands out there to be found. It's a matter of finding what you like and exploring it. It's surprising what you can actually find out there across the interwebs.

17. leafpanda

leafpanda Active Member

I use frostwire only for music though don't trust programs like these for movies and what not.

18. Iemand

Iemand New Member

i use limewire for music

19. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

1. microtorrent (eh.. uTorrent :) ) primarily. I usually grab my torrents from Demonoid/ isoHunt. I rarely do entire albums, just songs I like.
    2. direct downloads; I use Google Hacks to find mp3s, but www.dorble.com is my new favourite.

20. Impulse411

Impulse411 Member

FrostWire...