1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What people want to know before downloading a ROM.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by google_cookie, Jan 7, 2010.

1. google_cookie

google_cookie New Member

Basically, post what you think is important about a ROM before downloading it, and feeling disappointed.
    Also post what we DON'T want to hear too.

-What kind of game is it?
    We need to know if its an RPG or a Girly game or a Puzzle or whatever the case may be, you don't want to download a game you think is a shooting game and find yourself dressing up a puppy. x

-Can you play multiplayer?
    Maybe you're going on a long car ride, or just want to play a quick game with your friends, whichever the case, we need to know if you can. (And for DS roms, Can you play Download play? is good to know too.)

-Did you expirence problems?
    No one wants to play a game which freezes at the good part. Also, don't post how to fix it if you know someone else already has.

-Is this game GOOD?
    and by this, I mean, is the quality good? Does it do it's job? Don't write a review or comment simply saying "this game sux." or "I LOVE this game!" as that doesn't give any imformation at all.

Well, that's it for me, please post more if you can.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Meh, you're just lazy to do a light research on what the game is you're downloading. I mean, go to places like Gamespot, GameFAQs or IGN & those places most certainly have some of the information you're seeking for about any particular game.

3. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I don't actually understand what this thread is meant to be saying. Are you suggesting that the site offers that information? Because if you're not, then I have absoloutly no clue what this thread is even about.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I think he is basically saying that aside from offering ROMs, RomUlation should spoon feed him the details of every new game that becomes available.

Again just being lazy.

And might I add "how good" a game is, is relative person to person. I mean for me FFVII sucks but to a majority it was awesome, & if you go with the majority only later on realizing yourself a game isn't for you then you'll just end up blaming the others who lead you to believe the game was good (or bad).

5. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

Cahos Rahne Veloza, you just said everythin'.
    The Good game vary dependin' on likes and deslikes that people have, DIFERENT people, so diferent opinions.

6. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

i'm agree with this one, so what are you gonna saying?

7. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

I don't think he's telling RomU to spoonfeed him. I'm guessing, he wants to let everyone here know what to put into the comment boxes of roms. I'm not sure if I'm getting it right.

I guess I'd wanna see what makes the game special, or maybe a review score from some site.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I agree with Cahos as well.

google_cookie-what is the point your trying to make-you want romU to provide information?

Sure a one stop site is nice-but all romU is for is downloading roms and support, the rest was just a bi-product.

Make a thread fi you want information (if your that lazy...but if I saw it I'd post gamefaqs in a heart beat).

9. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

google is yours, me and everyone best friend

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

This is actually a really helpful thread, though I already knew what the op specified is requested info there might be someone out there looking for something I hadn't considered.