1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What NDS emulator do u use.

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by AzN1NoOdLez, Feb 19, 2007.

1. AzN1NoOdLez

AzN1NoOdLez Member

what emulator do u guys use? i tried downloading the no$ one but it didnt work out too well. probably downloaded wrong 1 =x. if possible can u guys give me recommendations on which ones to use and link if possible. thanks

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

As far as I know, there is no playable NDS emulator yet; you have to use the roms on a real NDS with a flashcart. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

3. SonGoku1905

SonGoku1905 Well-Known Member

Yep. Nocashgba immediately crashes when you try to load a rom and other amus like ideas are slow as hell and very buggy and way too far from being playable. It seems we have to wait more for NDS emulation.
    Let's see which one will be emulated properly first , GC or NDS...

4. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

M3 Perfect Lite ;D

5. ultra

ultra Guest

that's impossible because that's not an emulator. that's a mod device or what they call a developer device.

it's really not worth it to emulate the ds because it's too hard to do so, at least in my point of view. i don't like the idea of using the mouse and all that stuff.

i can't wait to see what crazy idea they [the programmers] will have when they try to emulate the wii [which i believe is nearly impossible to emulate]. how exactly do you emulate 3d environment movements in a 2d system. for instance if you wanted to do a swinging movement, how would you do that using a keyboard and mouse. maybe i'm thinking too linear [narrow minded].

btw, my answer is none. i own the system and don't really intend to play the games on an emulator [maybe for metroid prime because i have shakey hands]. but i would like to use emulators on the ds to play like old nes or genesis games [on the go] where i believe it's ridiculous on what these game companies are charging people these days.

6. Loonylion

emulating the Wii is not impossible, my uni have a system that would do the job better than a real Wii, and have had for years. fair enough it cost 0.25 million pounds, but its only a matter of time :)

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

The system at your uni doesn't emulate the wii, it implements the same features; there's a difference. Wii emulation on a computer will most likely never happen (only sorta). While you have the mouse as the pointing device you won't have the motion sensor input device, which, btw, you need two of.

The only solution I see is to use the input device of the Wii and then emulate the input handling and game execution on the PC. This would mean that you could play the games on your PC, but you'd need a wiimote and a nunchuck; so all you'd save would be the cost of the actual Wii excluding input devices.

8. Loonylion

I was talking about the cave, that has full-body motion sensing :)

9. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

The Wii will be fully posible to emulate. It's just a somewhat pimped up gamecube, with the controler. Remember kids, you CAN use your Wiimote on the computer. (GlovePIE ect.)

10. Seph

Which was exactly what I suggested as the solution; and I didn't even know about GlovePIE. ;)
    So all that's left is to figure out how to emulate the actual game and then force people to buy the controller if they wish to emulate games.

11. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

Yep. There's alot of other programs to use the Wii on your PC.. All you need is a Wiimote and a blue tooth adapter! You can play anygame you want with your wiimote!

12. TheResidentEvil

TheResidentEvil New Member

I use an R4-DS

13. Quavers

Quavers Member

Personally I prefer playing games on an NDS.

Just for information if anyone is interested. At the moment, there is no NDS emulator that run games reasonable well like that on an NDS but currently, the 2 best NDS emulators that run on PC are Desmume & No$gba. The lastest version of both emulators have sound. There are a few games that are playable but may have some graphic glitches & slow speed and may require a fast PC. For a list of playable games / problems, see the compatibility games at the respective emulator sites.

DeSuMe seems to me as a better choice than No$gba because it's colour is brighter, easier to use (just open the ROM to run) and has stylus touchpad emulation through the mouse.

For No$Gba, you need to have NDS bios (ndsbios7 and ndsbios9) and also to encrypt roms with eNDryptS before being able to run. It is said some games need the extra file firmware.bin to run on No$Gba. Any file you want, you can use a internet search engine to find it.

If anyone wants to try using an NDS emulator, one of the games you can try playing is zookeeper as it plays reasonably well (almost as good as playing on an NDS).

Don't have your hope up too early about playing on NDS emulator. However, these emulators look promising as there are some games that work.

14. Seph

NDS emulation is actually further along than you make it sound as, I've personally played games such as Harvest Moon and Age of Empire III just fine. And I'd imagine there are many more which are playable. If you start messing with the configurations you can probably get many more to work.

15. Reider

Reider Modereider

I won't bother with them until I hear something about all the Castlevania games working on them.

16. Seph

They hardly even work using a flash card!

17. Reider

Reider Modereider

I'm an insanely patient person, so it works out for me.

18. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

haha I was just going to say the same thing!

19. Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix Member

nocash really good. I played and almost beat on 100% Jump, Phoenix Wright (well, it was originally for GBA, so..) Altough he's very far from perfect (*only patient hunter gets the prey*)

20. Seph

The new version of No$GBA is a nice step forward indeed, it won't be long before NDS emulation will be quite enjoyable.