1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What made it stop working? Help, please?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by caramelkittens, Jan 14, 2013.

1. caramelkittens

caramelkittens New Member

Okay, so a few months ago a friend had given me her old r4, with a few games she played on it. It was working fine, I downloaded a game (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon) and completed the game just fine. However, I then tried downloading Pokemon Black, and the flashcart would get stuck on the infamous "Loading.." screen.

I deleted the Black file, and several other game files, however it's still stuck on the loading screen. That was a couple months ago. Today, I searched my problem and it seemed like the general answer was "update your firmware" I went on the website written on my flashcart, and nothing, tried Wood r4, nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

My r4 is a clone (the website written on it is r4ultra.com) I'm also trying on a DS Lite, & my laptop is Windows 7.

Forgive me for being a noob, but I'm getting frustrated. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

It's just that your flashcart stopped receiving kernel upgrades months ago, get yourself another flashcart, preferably a DSTWO.

3. caramelkittens

Is that the only option? I'd prefer not having to buy another flashcart unless it's the only option.

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

No, that is not the only option.
    You just need to download an alternative firmware.

Just download RGF's one from the big topic in the Flashcart Help board (it's at the top, labelled TTMenu...).
    Follow the guide and such. If you're having troubles, just post here and I'll be happy to give you some assistance.

5. caramelkittens

I feel like I'm missing something.. After downloading the file + a game and putting it on my usb, is there another step? Because nothing has changed when I try starting up my r4. ;$

6. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

That's because your card can't use RGF's firmware.