1. This forum is in read-only mode.

what kind of science is necessary for the future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BloodVayne, Apr 28, 2009.

1. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

What is the most important science for our advancement? What are your visions for science in the future?

My friends and I got into a heated discussion over this during lunch. One guy insisted that the future is all in the science of genes and cloning, because it was advancing us as a species. Some others said that environmental-oriented science was the key. My personal opinion is that the scientific process itself is essential for the future. With the advancement of technology and communications, one would think that more people would have the scientific mindset, but that is not the case. It's ridiculous to think that even though we had so many breakthroughs, yet actual interest in pursuing the scientific process is low. Anyways, what do YOU think?

-- I realize this would be better placed in the Debate section, but this topic is quite general as it is.

2. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

energy technology needs to be mastered before anything else i think

and as regards to technology concerning genes and to a certain extent all scientific research, most of which will come on leaps and bounds if the world is rid of religion or to stop it influencing any decision making completely as allot of studies are stopped because of the protests by religious fanatics that think its a font to god.

3. Lechongbaboy

Lechongbaboy Well-Known Member

I believe that the one we most needed is clones. Clones and more clones. So that we will not need to work hard and till the fields until night.

4. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Personally, I think cloning humans is kind of inhumane. Making an exact duplicate of another human and having them know that they are an "inferior copy". How is it like to grow up and learn that you were created artificially to till fields? I'd rather hand those types of jobs to robots.

5. Lechongbaboy

yes you can hand the work to robots, but the plants will have no love in them, hence they will taste bland. Vegetables tastes good because farmers treat them as their own children. Clones also think so we can urge them to an uprising in the near future.

6. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

lol then program the robots to love and talk to plants

and i think engineering is the most important

7. Lechongbaboy

But it's not like human love. Freeze capsules are good investment the future.

8. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

I still agree with the energy argument. All the given examples require vast amounts of energy.

I also think space technology will be required for further advancement.

9. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

True, for advances to take place we need the energy and the resources to support it, hence the energy problem we are having currently. Genetics is a touchy issue IMO, because it USUALLY involves ethics.

10. drew44

drew44 Well-Known Member

robots (to be exact terminators!!!!!!!!!)