1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What kind of R4 SDHC?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Snashyle, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Snashyle

Snashyle Member

I got that there are many different 'versions' of the R4 SDHC, but I don't know what kind I have. I don't have the original package anymore, but it was definitely black with white text, if you know what I mean. I made some pictures of my card, maybe it's helpful.. (ignore the S-sticker, it's to tell my flash card apart from my sister's)

[​IMG]

Would you please tell me what kind of flash card is this, and what kind of kernel would be the best? And what is the official site for this card? I tried both Wood and YSmenu/TTmenu, but they didn't work, and gave a white screen when I tried to load a game.

2. person10123

person10123 Active Member

Seems to be just a plain R4 SDHC. Here's the official site for it: http://www.r4sdhc.com/
    They're up to Kernel 1.34, if I remember correctly but I think their last update before 1.34 was better since it allowed you to change your R4 backgrounds without Gimp and whatever.

3. Snashyle

Snashyle Member

Just a normal, plain R4 SDHC? Thank you.

I really want to play games like Pokémon White, but with the last update for the R4 SDHC on 2010-03-25, I can't play newer games like Pokémon.
    That's why I tried YSmenu and Wood, but they can't play any game, it seems.. :'(

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

wood is for original R4s not R4 SDHC. I believe there is a special build of wood for some R4 SDHC carts though.

5. Snashyle

Snashyle Member

I've tried several builds of Wood for R4 SDHC, without succes..
    Is there an other way?

Oh, and another thingie: what's the difference between R4 SDHC and R4-SDHC?

6. andyfm

andyfm Member

Hi i had the same problem try ww.xpertron.co .uk and download akaio 1.8.6a.r4u (IT PLAYS MOST GAMES BUT NOT ALL)
    I now use r4i-sdhc card as they do upgrades often (GO TO WW.EACHGAME.HK)
    Post Merge: [time]1313583533[/time]
    SORRY WWW.

7. umaycool

umaycool Member

see to be fake r4 sdhc

8. Snashyle

Snashyle Member

OK, I tried this, but it gave me a white top screen and a black bottom screen... I just looked a download up on Google, though, I couldn't find the right download link on the site you gave me. Any other suggestions, please? Nothing seems to work here..

What do you mean exactly, if I may ask you?

9. person10123

person10123 Active Member

Well many companies make fake flash carts nowadays, if it's an R4 cart and not just called R4 then it's most likely a fake but hey if it works it doesn't bother me if it's fake or not.

And since I'm having the same problem as you (not being able to play newer games) I'm considering selling my old ones and buying new ones since regular r4sdhc firmware updates seem to have ended some time ago.

10. Crazyplayboy

Crazyplayboy Well-Known Member

The official R4i sdhc is from http://r4i-sdhc.com/ and it looks like this [​IMG]

So the card you got is not this one, you need to find out the official site of your card and then use the correct firmware to play the games you want.

11. jek1

jek1 New Member

What's the limit of capacity for r4i-sdhc card, can we use more then 4GB to play games?

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

sdhc is limited to 32gb.

13. jek1

jek1 New Member

Is R4i sdhc and R4 sdhc is limited to 32gb, so I can use 6GB, 8GB, 12GB, 16GB to save or uploaded games. And play it.

14. Snashyle

Snashyle Member

I think the official site is http:/ /www.r4sdhc.com/, because I think I had the black package in the second row (Cute Packing?).
    As I said before, I'm trying to find an other firmware that works because the official one isn't up to date.

There's one little thing I don't get: Everywhere where I see pictures of an R4 SDHC, it looks exactly like mine, except one thing:
    On my cart NDSL/NDS isn't between brackets, but on the package(s) it is always between brackets: (NDSL/NDS).
    Does that make any difference?

15. Crazyplayboy

Crazyplayboy Well-Known Member

Look at here: http://www.digitopz.com/red-r4isdhc-upgrade-revolution-for-dsndsindslnds-p-71.html this is the r4i sdhc from r4i-sdhc.com which updates more requently and is said to be the official r4i sdhc card, and both the package and card have the brackets, just like this : [​IMG]

16. orlando1210

orlando1210 New Member

It looks just like mine and TTMenu works perfectly on mine. :eek: Except your green board thing (that has the RQHS blah blah) looks a bit different.

17. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

If you're having problems, my firmware works on most clone R4 Carts. This includes the R4 SDHC. Find it here: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=54653.msg1267087#msg1267087