1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What Is Your Favourite RPG NDS Game?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by LilBoom, Mar 29, 2009.

1. LilBoom

LilBoom Active Member

i made this topic to find out what good nds games are good to download? and yeah i got my R4 and wi-fi if anyone is interested... as for now im just trying to get jump ultimate stars off the white screen after it loads... the r4 im using is this http://www.r4iiisdhc.com/. Anyway tell me whats the best rpg ds game or best ds game in general.

For me best rpg ds game will have to go to the world ends with you for its originality and for fighting bleach blade of fate and for adventure zelda the phantom hour glass.

2. Cpt-DS

Cpt-DS New Member

Dragon quest V might not look like much but believe me the game has one of the best plots ive ever saw/read/played in a video game! If you dont like traditional RPG's you can also check out The world ends with you or final fantasy crystal chronicles echoes of time.

3. LilBoom

LilBoom Active Member

thanks man appreciate the feedback.

4. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

i have played a a good number of RPGs for the DS, one that includes Summon Night 2, Magical Starsign, Contact, and of course the high-profile games like Chrono Trigger DS, TWEWY, Dragon Quest, etc

but among those, i consider The World Ends with You to be the best RPG ever to be released for the NDS. The gameplay alone can be enough to regard it as such, but the story is also not to be sneezed at.

1up said it best when they replied "TWEWY has every ingredient in it that could turn it into a disaster, but SQ-E instead created a masterpiece" (not the exact words, but the point is the same).

5. kyeom219

kyeom219 Active Member

Suikoden is a good RPG, and also ALL OF the final fantasy games are awsome, this is mainly because of the plot, and the music.

Im currently playing FFCC EoT, FFCC RoF, and FFIV,
    the dragon quest series seems to be alot fun also!

if u can speak japanese tho... there are alot of japanese only games that are pretty good

6. LilBoom

LilBoom Active Member

hmmm thanks i also agree that TWEWY is good.

7. sonic532

sonic532 Active Member

omfg!! pokemon diamond, pearl and platinum kicketh ass! oh and mario and luigi rpg's.

8. LilBoom

LilBoom Active Member

mario and luigi rpg's where can i get that game from is it even out?

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if we don't have the rom, then there is no rom.

10. Ginta

Ginta New Member

pokemon platinum and Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume is pretty good

11. jw03

jw03 Active Member

if you like rpgs, and especially if u like different rpgs. then add the liking of mario!.. and mario rpg is for you! lol. there r alot of good rpgs on ds. alot of great games in all. i would say for u mario rpg would be the best to play. also FFtactics 2 (once u get past the beggining the strategy begins! dragon quest 5 is good to~i like the whole rotating camera thing (5 is better than 4)., FF3 (better than 4, because battles r WAY to slow in 5). check out reviews to make the final choice.

12. zangief

The best NDS game that i've played that is an original NDS release (a.k.a. not a remake) would have to be (in exact order):

1) The World Ends with You
    2) Ace Attorney series
    3) Jump! Ultimate Stars
    4) Rhythm Heaven
    5) Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time

13. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

That game is impossible!!!!!

14. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Yeah, I'm stuck at Freeze Frame level, though I got superb at 2nd Remix :p

15. zangief

haha good thing i already finished rhythm tengoku gold before :D

16. LilBoom

LilBoom Active Member

17. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy, period.

18. LilBoom

LilBoom Active Member

any realtime rpgs out there?

19. AnimeLizzie

AnimeLizzie New Member

Izuna:legend of the unemployed ninja and Izuna2:the unemployed ninja reterns. also Rhapsody:A musical adventure :D

20. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Get your hands on any Dragon Quest game you can, whether it's for the DS, SNES, NES, Wii (Even though I haven't yet), PSX, or PS2! I encourage you to play it!