1. This forum is in read-only mode.

what is (U) (J) (E) stand for?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by quan4, Jul 28, 2007.

1. quan4

quan4 Active Member

when i 'm downloading the roms, i noticed those letters but i dont really know who's to ask for, and until now i am still not know what is really mean. for waht i am guessing U is UK, J is Japan, E is Englis, right? oh and if it's that so then what's the different between those?

P.S. i'm sorry but i dont really know where should i post this topic at!!!

2. darkcypher

darkcypher Member

(U) = USA
    (J) = Japan
    (E) = Europe

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

the difference between them are that they contain different languages, that's about all. The DS isn't region locked or anything so every game works on every DS.

4. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I don't see much of a difference between US and Europe games, I've downloaded both versions of some and they're both English, sooo...?

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Sometimes E releases contain multiple languages, such as say English, Dutch, French and German, sometimes English isn't even included.

6. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Ah, didn't know that.

7. interbutts

interbutts Active Member

sometimes the games have subtle differences too. Such as the Title screen. For Instance, "Brothers In Arms" Had a completely different title in Europe, therefore had a different title screen. not much. also, (U) versions of games have been known to cut out alot of things from games, as was the case for "Megaman ZX" where the [J] Version had blood, while the [E] and (U) versions did not.

reason for edit: Preventing the forum from interpreting the [U ] as underline

8. quan4

quan4 Active Member

thank you all very much!!!