1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What is the oldest thread on here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the.big.lebouch, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Like, non-mod/admin created, including those that have been necro'd.

Do threads ever get purged?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

threads don't expire, if that's what you're asking. They can get deleted if the admins don't want them anymore (usually because they've degenerated beyond recovery and are full of rulebreaking)

oldest thread would be hard to say, the forum has been rearranged several times threads will have moved around over time.

3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=3.0

The other two are probably in the admin board.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The other 2? From the stats, there's only been 1 topic made in October 2006. The next to follow was 3 topics made on November 3rd 2006. How did you locate it anyway? Was it through the mod's features at your disposal? I typed the date in the search box and nothing shown up, apparently this forum's search engine doesn't incorporate search by 'posting date'.

@ the.big.lebouch,

Maybe, next you'd be interested in knowing who became the first member? :)

5. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I simply changed the topic id number in the url to 1, then 2 when 1 wasn't there, then 3 when 2 wasn't there.

And we don't talk about secret mod tools around here.

6. Prectorian

Right, why didn't I think of that?! :(

Because there isn't any.

7. Loonylion

it was me.

8. Prectorian

You're an admin, Loonylion. Doesn't that not count? Or did you start off as a regular?

9. Loonylion

when I created the account I was a regular member, yes. I got promoted after that. First member who isn't an admin was probably nomercy.

10. Prectorian

Wow, that was almost 8 years ago. I suppose you stumbled on this place by accident since this site probably wasn't much known back then I think?

For the record, I started off as a guest around end of 2006 or early 2007 after discovering it through an affiliated site, the following year (2008) had signed up for the sole purpose of accumulating points patiently so I can download as many NDS rom possible for my N-Card. Practically I didn't realize this forum exist, and never was curious what that 'Forum' button had in store, despite the fact I spent hours on the main download page noting which rom(s) I'd like to download next (literally writing each rom name and file size so that I can budget what to download each day), and having to wait hours at a time because of the capped 1 download policy for regular member per file, also because I could only afford 56k dial up, as back then broadband was a luxury my family couldn't afford. Only until I found some rom not working on my N-card and needed updating, which I've no idea how to, did I then notice it's existence. But I couldn't find any topic/posts about it, in the end I had to look around the net and fixed it by trial and error. By then, thinking I had downloaded a lot from here, did I then decided to post a tutorial about updating that cart with a single minded gesture of returning the favor, as before that I had to travel 80 Km by train to the city and pay huge sum for NDS rom at a gaming store. Fast forward 6 years, from there on after despite having no intention to stay around after posting that tutorial, here I am 6 years on, and surprisingly I no longer need to budget points every time I want to download something from here. :)

11. Loonylion

no it wasn't by accident, I knew seph from another site, and had used RomU's previous incarnations in the past.

12. Prectorian

I didn't know there was a previous 'RomUlation' prior to this one. And guessing from his post to the op in another topic, it seems to hint on an intention to make a next generation version?

13. Loonylion

there is a new version being worked on, yes, and romu is more than 10 years old.

14. Prectorian

Wonderful! Hopefully and I'm sure it would, be a far better upgrade to this one.

15. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

show some mockups or something