1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What is the latest PSP CFW?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by insanecrazy07, Apr 26, 2011.

1. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

This is what I get when I am at least 2 years out of the loop of the PSP scene.

The CFW needs to meet a specific condition. It can't be a temporary CFW that needs to be reactivated if I turn off my PSP.

I need this to run on a PSP1000.
    The latest I have is 5.50 Gen-D3.

I'm getting an error "Game could not be started," which I usually get if my CFW isn't up to date.
    It is either the CFW or the game that is causing the issue.

I am trying to run Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection by Bahamut. Apparently it is Japanese region coded with English text, and according to a few sites, it doesn't run at all on PSP1000s.

I'm getting the re-released one by Bahamut that is USA.

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Well, you can use 5.50 Prome-4. It has no issues running any games that I've played, though the Japanese FFIV had freezey as hell cut scenes. I haven't bothered checking a different region to see if maybe it was just a problem with that dump or something.

A lot of people still use 5.03 m33-6 and prefer patching with the prometheus patch using ISOTOOL and such over changing firmwares, as they like the stability of what they're on.

I'm also using a PSP 1000 by the way.

3. insanecrazy07

I seriously just hit the download button for 5.50 Prometheus v4, and then checked to see if someone responded.

I like the stability of 5.50 Gen D3. I haven't had any issues.

Thanks. I'll let you know with the results.

4. BigGangstaKillaC93

BigGangstaKillaC93 Well-Known Member

I recommend not going higher than 5.50 for now. Hopefully Dark Alex (creator of m33) will create a 6.xx CFW. There are 6.xx CFWs, but I personally would not trust using them unless Dark Alex or the Gen team created them. If you insist on upgrading past 5.50, I'd go for PSP CFW 6.20/6.35 PRO-B5. The newest revisions as of yet.

5. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

If you want, you can try PRO, or ME CFW for your current firmware, where both should be able to run any latest games.

6. insanecrazy07

I'm just running 5.50 Prometheus v4.

It does what I need it to do, run unpatched ISOs. I was getting sick of having to find obscure sources for the patches or redownloading the crap with it already patched.

Thanks guys.

There's really no need to go past 5.50 Prometheus v4 if they don't provide any added benefit.

7. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

im running 6.38 me-2 on my psp, it seems very stable but i haven't used it much

8. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

well, have you checked your VSH menu to make sure your drivers isnt set to normal?? i have had that done to me once, so might want to check that XD

if you dont remember how to get into it, here is a quick detail for you:
    1. once your PSP is booted up, press the select button
    2. where it says "UMD ISO MODE" make sure it doesnt say "normal"
    3. if it does, then change it to M33 driver, Sony NP9660, OE isofs

right now, i can run the FF IV game on M33 drivers and im not having no issues with it

9. insanecrazy07

I fixed the issue with 5.50 Prom4.
    I've had it set to M33 since I got it.