1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What is the difference between

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by HOPEICAN, Jun 3, 2012.

1. HOPEICAN

HOPEICAN Active Member

http://www.dsflashcart.com/r4i-gold-3ds-wood-r4i-3ds-flashcard-for-ds-dsi-3ds-p-248.html

and

http://www.dsflashcart.com/r4i-sdhc-3ds-flashcart-for-your-ds-dsi-3ds-p-250.html

of course I'm leaning toward the cheaper one as I don't know the outcome and the less I have invested the better incase I can't figure out how to work either one. I would think that utube would have some helpful videos to work either but just wanted to see if the cheaper one does the job.

I plan on using the card just on the DSi and the Lite. I don't plan on sticking it to the 3DS but want a cart that will work on it just in case one day I do.

I would like to know if the cart allows saving game progress on the games that allow saves?
    Post Merge: [time]1338734759[/time]
    Seems like the more threads I read on this site the more choices come up. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these three GOLD carts listed here: http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/products_search.php?search_category_id=17&search_string=r4i+gold

Can I use any of them? Does one have better options then the other? I now have some insight on getting the errored DSi's back up and running and to do so I'll have to use one of my DSL's, which I don't mind the experience of the extra work as long as I order the right cart.
    Post Merge: [time]1338740182[/time]
    I got to anxious waiting to find the differences and just ordered 2 R4i Gold that says compatible with WOOD 3DS also ordered 2 R4 Revolution also said WOOD compatible, for the DS Lites as I needed $25 total to get the free shipping. Will take some time to get them but just hope I figure out how to use them.

I already have a couple 16gb micro sd's and one 1gb micro so hope they'll be good enough.

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

The R4i Gold 3DS (r4ids.cn) is the way to go.
    Has great compatibility, and is updated regularly.

Has no fancy features like GBA emulation, but not everyone wants that.
    I definitely suggest that card.

3. HOPEICAN

HOPEICAN Active Member

Thanks. I wasn't sure if I did the right thing on just ordering the R4i Gold but wound up getting two and two R4's just for the DSL

Although it may take a few weeks to get them I will need to start looking for places to get downloads. Is there a thread on this site that lists some of the places to get goodies? Or a link for places where I can start looking?

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

If you want ROMs, go the main site (RomUlation)
    If you want the firmwares, go to the site official site (R4iDS.cn)

5. HOPEICAN

HOPEICAN Active Member

Thanks. I guess I still have a bit to learn on how to make it run. Still need to read more about what the firmwares are and how to use.

There are a few dsi's in the family and noticed one had 1.2 version or something like that and another was 1.44 Is that what the firmware is all about?

I don't know what to expect out of the two that I have with errors but hope they will run again with the cart.

6. HOPEICAN

HOPEICAN Active Member

Thanks again for all the advice and for being patient. I can't wait to get started. Just ordered some more microsd's for the revolutions(2gb) and when they come in I would like to start filling in one of them to have ready to try out the dsl's first.

I have to ask about the roms, when I download one can it be saved directly as is to the TF or is there more to it. If there is a thread about how to on here please link it to me or a good utube video if anyone knows one.

Sorry for all the questions and hope for your patience on my first venture down this road. Once I get one or two roms playing I'll get the hang of it fast.

7. HOPEICAN

HOPEICAN Active Member

Sounds like I can't download any games yet without the R 4 first. Can I download and save roms already without the f l a s hkard on hand?

I actually just tried downloading two games but can't figure out how they open with winrar. I chose Black Ops, clicked download then a BearShare box opens up saying "download is ready to start downloading" So I clicked it and BearShare download started. I must be doing something wrong and am going to try another game to see if I can figure it out.
    Post Merge: [time]1339024186[/time]
    It was a newbie mistake. After I chose a rom the next page shows more download button choices then needed and of course the one I chose was for something other then the file needed. I just started downloading a real file so I hope it opens with winrar now.

8. HOPEICAN

HOPEICAN Active Member

Yep, a rookie mistake that is now fixed. I used up all my points pretty fast but I have time as the flash is going to take some more time to get here. I'm in no rush so I'll pick through some games for now.

Thanks so far for all the help. Hope when I get the flas h that I can figure out the rest.