1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What is the best flash-kart to buy for a new NDSi XL?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by msm007, Apr 23, 2010.

1. msm007

msm007 Member

Yes, I very recently bought a new Nintendo DSi XL and was wondering what would be the best flashcard to buy for it, I was thinking about the R4i SDHC or the R4i Gold I'm not sure what the difference is between the two but I'm not sure if R4i is the way to go at all. If anyone could please respond and give me advice on which one to choose (doesn't have to be ether of the ones I put up) it would be greatly appreciated Thanks. ;D

2. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Never buy anything with the R4 Name. If you are willing to wait (and to spend 40 dollars), pre-order the SuperCard DSTwo at shoptemp.com. Otherwise, get the SuperCard DSONEi, iEDGE, or AceKard 2i. The SuperCard DSONEi has the most features, and I think is the best flashcard ever since my friend loaned it to me; the new EOS has near perfect AP removal greatness, with Real time everything, and a lot more. The iEDGE is an often overlooked card, but has the best compatibility and good features. The AceKard 2i, being the most popular nowadays (and is my current flashcard), is the cheapest flashcard that gets the job done. With constantly updated loaders from the AKAIO team, it should have the best compatibility, and can even update firmware, loaders, wifi plugins, and cheat database through wifi, this is a really good flashcard.

3. mr. awesome

mr. awesome Well-Known Member

Oh? And why is that? The r4 is the only flash cart that you can download games to your computer and update your firmware directly from the NDS via wifi. So if you have wifi (wep 1, not wep 2 or anything else) then I would say that either an Acekard 2i or an r4i with Wood r4, which gives it the same features as an Acekard R.P.G.

4. msm007

msm007 Member

Well I've basically narrowed it down to the acekard 2i, R4i Gold or the DSONE(or TWO)i if you could please help me make a decision it would be really helpful.

5. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

I wouldn't get R4i Gold.
    WoodR4 doesn't work on it.

Acekard2i is very good.
    But if you can wait and want to play gba games and Xvid videos get the SuperCardDSTWO

6. mr. awesome

Actually, all you need to play gbc and gb games is an emulator like Lameboy.

7. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Colour are different.

8. msm007

msm007 Member

Ok, I guess ill give up on the R4i because lots of people are saying its not very good, i'll look into the SuperCardDSTWO and the Acekard2i. Anyone know of the release date for the SuperCardDSTWO?

9. mr. awesome

December 28, 2010, for about $55. So if you're willing to wait over half a year AND spend $55, then get it! If not, you sould get an Acekard 2i from Veebuy (Canada): http://www.veebuy.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27 (bottom row, top is for DS original and Lite) If you choose not to buy a Micro SD card from Veebuy, I'd say Walmart is a good second choice...

EDIT:

It is released on the 28, but most stores won't be receiving them until January of next year.

10. msm007

msm007 Member

Haha, yeah I'm not gonna wait that long.. so, Acekard2i it is! thanks for the help everyone ^_^

Also, I havent seen or heard of Acekards at a walmart, ill look into it Thanks again.

11. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

You can't buy them from the stores in most countries.
    You'll have to buy it online.

12. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Use shoptemp.com to get the Acekard2i. It is a pretty good price there.

13. mr. awesome

Pretty good?!? That's amazingly low! I wish I had known about this before!!!

14. msm007

msm007 Member

Wow, i'll be sure to place an order there thanks!

15. mr. awesome

A 4 gig SD can hold anywhere from 40 to 70 games, a 2 gig 20 to 50, an 8 gig 80 to 110, or a 16 gig 160 to 190. So I would probably suggest an 8 gig if you've got a wide expanse of games, or a 4 gig if you just like to play what you find, or a 2 gig if you only want a few, or, if you're absolutely insane, then a 16 gig, or, buy a 32 gig from walmart or something if you have feel like storing a few Blu-Ray movies on there too...

16. rchuncleskeleton

rchuncleskeleton Well-Known Member

Ummm where exactly are you getting your info from??? do you work for supercard??? no, you don't we don't have a release date yet but it has been rumored that it should be no later than the end of june, that the supercard dstwo is released. Seriously going around and making up dates or quoting unreliable sources doesn't help anyone! If you don't know for sure then don't post it.

17. zeroskie

zeroskie Member

So between the iEdge and the AceKard 2i, which is better for just NDS games, not considering homebrew, video or music?

18. LuckyTrouble77

Acekard2i is best in that situation due to its incredible ability to naturally bypass most AP thanks to the AKAIO firmware.

19. zeroskie

zeroskie Member

What does bypassing AP mean? Does that mean that the iEdge is less compatible? I've read elsewhere that the iEdge has less glitches or something.

A lot of questions. I'm obviously new to this. Thanks for your help.

20. LuckyTrouble77

The Acekard2i is best at getting past anti piracy checks on games without requiring a patch. A lot of newer DS games, mostly the bigger titles, have had anti-piracy, or AP, to prevent them from being played by pirates. The Acekard2i can get by this AP without any extra help most of the time due to the AKAIO firmware, basically the operating system for the flash cart.

The iEdge isn't necessarily a bad cart, the Acekard2i just happens to be better.