1. This forum is in read-only mode.

what is the Best DS Flashcart to buy now

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by tonysmallz, Mar 14, 2010.

1. tonysmallz

tonysmallz Active Member

had a r4 for years and now with the release of HG/SS and the problems arising its time to upgrade anyone got any ideas or links to where i might be albe to get one.. im in the uk any help greatly apriciated thanks

2. miros

miros Well-Known Member

If you are going to upgrade your R4, I will highly recommend the Acekard 2i over any other flash carts on the market right now. This model paired with the latest AKAIO firmware will play any ROM or load any homebrew that you can find. You will not be disappointed with the Acekard 2i, trust me. If you have any specific questions, just ask.
    miros

3. scottg1990

scottg1990 Well-Known Member

Acekard! You won't be dissapointed :)

4. ventehxieteh

ventehxieteh Well-Known Member

isn't it that acekard are for DSi only? or is it also for DS lite?

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Miros speaks the truth.

It's the best flashcart that I have EVER used as well. :)

6. Zackraa

Zackraa New Member

Acekard 2i if you have a DSi <-- I do not own a DSi yet (possibly never unless there are DSi pokemon specific applications) I have heard good reviews on the Acekard 2i it has the ability to hide from the anti-piracy software in the DSi the other DSi cards I haven't heard much from them that was good

CycloDS Evolution if you have a DS Lite or a DS Phat (Original DS) I own one myself and it has the best compatibility without worring about things like ysmenu, patching and such you can play Raw roms I have no seen any compatibility issues so far when using it not even with a HG/SS pokemon rom

7. juzzy01

juzzy01 Well-Known Member

whats wrong with R4 anyways?

8. paulthegreen

paulthegreen Well-Known Member

Acekard 2 definately

9. ventehxieteh

ventehxieteh Well-Known Member

the new pokemon games are freezing, and maybe other future games

unless they fix it

10. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

do you guys recommend Acekard2i for the DS Lite as well, or Acekard2?

11. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I have a DS Lite and use an Acekard 2i. The reason being is that if I want to play a DSi, I do not have to buy another flash cart. Either way, the Acekard 2 or Acekard 2i will satisfy your emulation desires beyond your expectations.
    miros

12. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

awesome!

how about the price though? is the AK2 cheaper or the same price as a AK2i

13. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

So the Acekard 2i can work on the DS Lite as well?

14. marcoAO

marcoAO Member

The price difference is at most $2. You can get an Acekard 2i for $15.50 free shipping on Digimartz.com. It'll arrive in about 1-2 weeks

15. nitemarezero147

nitemarezero147 Well-Known Member

acekard 2i
    thats what i got when i switched from my r4 and it hasnt let me down once

16. miros

miros Well-Known Member

Yes, the Acekard 2i works perfectly with the DS Lite. I also know that the Acekard 2i works perfectly with the Ez 3in1 GBA Expansion cart. I can play basically any ROM, wether it is GBA, GB, DS, or GBC right on my DS. If you can get an Acekard 2i and an Ez 3in1 Expansion cart, you will have the best set up on the market.
    miros

17. jonairma

jonairma Well-Known Member

Acekard 2 + AKAIO absolutely
    Or CycloDs if you have enough money

18. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

lol I already have the Expansion cart :D So I might as well be getting the Acekard soon ( because I forgot where i read it, but people said acekard2i only works with the DSi )

19. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

Wait for the Supercard DSTWO, it's going to be the BEST Flashcart once it comes out.

20. miros

miros Well-Known Member

Could you please tell me the information that led you to make that conclusion? Do you know any viable source where I could read up on its predicted features and advantages over the other flash carts on the market right now? Thanks,
    miros