1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What is great about Zelda games and Castlevania Games?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by mcr619619, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcr619619

mcr619619 Active Member

i'd played both, but i just don't enjoyed the times, can you give me those characteristics in this games that you like...is the stories are good/epic??...well, i love draculas and Link is cute..^^

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I like the Universes &/or lore that both Franchises have created over the years, by that what I mean is the body of stories/plots that have been built up by various releases in both franchises.

Castlevaina for example has built such a wonderful story based on a time line of generations of Vampire Hunters facing off with one eternal villain.

Zelda however seems to be just a collection of stories revolving around a set of predetermined characters, namely Zelda, Link & Ganon. Only in a few games can you find a story which is connected to one another. One best example would be Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask, which are sequels of each other. Oracle of Ages & Oracle of Seasons, for example are examples of two similar games but are set in different circumstances. One could even think that those two games are set in parallel universes of each other.

3. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

The stories both series' present are compelling and awesome.... I don't actually know why else I like them. I mean, it could be the characters, even the quirky ones rarely anyone likes....

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was the first N64 game I ever played, back in '98 or something. It was the first time I saw 3D gaming, so it holds its own, mainly because each game has Link and all that nostalgia factor comes back.. Sure, I didn't finish Ocarina of Time until like Feb of this year, so the nostalgia factor shouldn't count... But just fooling around with what Link can do brings back the nostalgia.... Ahhhh... Brings back such good memories. It's not any specific thing about Zelda.. It's the fact that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was the first actual Zelda game I saw, and a damn good one at that, and it hooked me right from the start.

Castlevania, however.... The first I played was.. I believe it was Aria of Sorrow. One of the GBA ones. It was a nice change from the RPGs and Zelda that I had been playing before. Didn't really think much of it.... It's a good time waster, that's all.

Seconded.

4. Reider

Reider Modereider

Meh, I'll just lock this one. Double topics and such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.