1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What is an AP Fix?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by bobshe, Feb 19, 2013.

1. bobshe

bobshe New Member

Hi, I'm really new to this scene and I was wondering what exactly an AP fix is. If I were to download the US version of Pokemon Heart Gold from Romulation and apply an "ap fix" to it via the DS Scene Rom Tool would I then be able to play this game without worrying about crashing and things like that?

Also another question. Are all of the ROMS on Romulation the clean version or are some already pre-patched? How would I go about distinguishing the two.

Thanks for your help.

2. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

all roms in here are clean, on the main part of the site where you use points for download.

an AP is an anti piracy fix, as i understand it, programmers added code to check for certain stuff on a real cartidrage, if the checksum fails the game is ordered to crash or similar, an AP fix is what it says on the tin, it fixed the anti piracy removing it or disabling it.

3. bobshe

bobshe New Member

I guess I answered my own question. I added an AP fix to Pokemon Heart Gold and I still got a white screen crash. Is there any way to get a 100% working ROM without any crashes or do I have to save a lot?

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You can never be sure if a save file might become corrupted, there are many factors that could cause a corrupted data. Just save often and back up often. In any case, when to use a patched rom or not depends on what the playing medium is and what version it is on. So what are you using to play the rom anyway?

5. bobshe

bobshe New Member

Acekard 2i, with the 1.9.0 firmware .

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Playing PKM HGSS on Acekard 2i v.1.9.0 don't require the rom to be pre-patched. Since those games been supported by the latest v.1.9.0 firmware.