1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What is a good website to buy a Xbox 360 ?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by airdash123, Nov 27, 2009.

1. airdash123

airdash123 Well-Known Member

Anyone got a good site that sells Xbox 360 under $200(That's the original price in store w/o tax) cuz my cuzin bought his online for only $160. I really appriciate if you help.

2. XtremeBlade

XtremeBlade Well-Known Member

Try some price comparison sites, they usually come up with some pretty cheap deals.

3. airdash123

I never buy stuff online and i barely know any sites that sells stuff.. so that's why i'm asking you lol

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

This is probably your best bet:
    http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Elite-Winter-Batman-Bundle/dp/B002LBGB1S/ref=sr_tr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1259330334&sr=8-1

299, it's the "Elite" version (120GB HDD) and comes with two games (not great ones, but at least it comes with games).

5. airdash123

Its a really good deal but sadly, my parents won't let me buy it anything over $200 T_T

6. TirithRR

Then go with this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1259332808&sr=8-1

But tell them that after you buy everything else (including the games, etc.) that it will be over the 299 of the previous bundle. The two games have a Retail value of 40USD, and the 120GB HDD is 170 dollars. It will be cheaper just to spend the extra 100 dollars now then it would be to spend 200 dollars later.

7. airdash123

Well, i know that but i'm trying something under $200 D:

8. TirithRR

That Arcade system will give you everything you need to play, except a game. It comes with an internal 256MB of storage so you can save games without a hard drive. The Arcade version has no harddrive, but you can add them later, of course you have to pay the outrageous prices for the Xbox Harddrives.

Xbox games will range 20-50 dollars a piece, depending on the game.

9. airdash123

Well, i know that but my cuzin bought that exactly one for only $160 with free shipping..

10. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

have you not asked him where he got his

11. airdash123

That was the 1st i did but that jackass won't give me the website and making up excuses like "Its not on sale anymore and theres not gona be free shipping so just go buy a new one from the store"..

12. TirithRR

He may have purchased it from an auction site like eBay.

Personally I'd just buy a new one, that way you get the three year coverage for any RRoD problems. While not as common as before, it still may happen if you don't keep your Xbox free of dust and keep it in an open area with plenty of air space around it.

13. Reider

Reider Modereider

My area must suck or something then since the games range from 20-60 dollars a piece here. But anyways, yeah, if you get one, at least get one with a hard drive.

14. TirithRR

Well, yes, new games do cost 59.98 or so at the store, like Dragon Age, etc. most games are in the 20-50 dollar range though.

15. airdash123

Should i buy it in the store or order it online ? And yea, it costs $60 per game here, mostly depend on the games like if its COD MW 2 is $60

16. TirithRR

Well, I usually purchase online since I don't have to pay taxes on it if I do. And large ticket items usually have free shipping (or any order over 25 at Amazon). And no local stores around me offer the 299 Elite Bundle yet.

17. airdash123

Is that bundle includes everything like controller, wires and stuff like that in order to play it ? or just a system ?

18. TirithRR

The elite bundle is everything needed to play.

System, 120GB HD, One controller, two games, power cord, Video output cable (not HDMI, but I believe RCA jacks).

19. airdash123

Looks like my mom agreed :D, thank you so much bro. I love you bro (no homo)