1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What is a good job i should/could consider?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonkswa, Oct 22, 2009.

1. jonkswa

jonkswa Well-Known Member

i am really good in math (like 87% average) but not so good in all other subjects.
    i'm gonna take engineer but i found out someone i really hate so much is gonna be one (hated him for 3 years)

i need to consider what job before i pick my high-school and what subject i should focus on. ???

help? and sorry if in wrong place or violates some rule.

2. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

why are you going to quit being an engineer just because somone you dont like is becoming one?
    that is so stupid...

3. jonkswa

okay.....not just that but also i was thinking SPACE engineer at that time but i thought i need really good science marks (which i don't have and i just need back-up ideas)

4. crazytuna

something you can change with extra courses, you always have to work hard for what you want to do

but with good maths grade I dont really know what you could do...
    there's still the teacher option...

5. aznpyromaniac406

aznpyromaniac406 Active Member

Actually engineering incorporates a lot of knowledge from a variety of subjects, being only proficient at math is not going to make a successful engineer. I do recommend statistics and accounting though.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

economics is heavily maths oriented

7. jonkswa

lol, my kuya (filipino for older brother) is gonna be an accountent.
    i'm also azn (asain) does that help.

i work hard but the ones i'm really failing in grade 8 so far is french (i am canadian), history, and music/instrumental
    (hard playing the tenor saxaphone with asthma)

edit: what is economics, and what do they do?

8. crazytuna

french? french you say?
    don't worry about that unless you're in a country that has french as it's first language

economics is basically the study for hum...
    this is better than me explaining it :p

economy : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy

economics : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics

9. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I got a 99 in math last year. :p 96-97 overall average.

Also, you shouldn't give up on a goal just because of a petty conflict with some kid.

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Obviously. What are the chances you'll grow up to get a career where you'll work with that person anyway? I have only seen two or three people I knew in high school since I graduated (8 years ago).

11. jonkswa

as i said, i am actually still gonna do it but i just need some back-up ideas first just in case

(i guess i'll edit my 1st post)

edit: no offence

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Yes, but you have an 87% in math, you're a failure to the asian race.

You should think of being a martial arts master.

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I would not suggest engineering unless you also have high grades in physics, as a large proportion of engineering topics are based on principles laid down in physics.

14. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

What about Accountancy, good pay too ^^
    Though it's more based on 'probability' kind of math. (Statistic, probability, very-large-extended formulas -_-)
    And there is the other side of a lot of reading and rules.
    (& the part of being called a wuss [or how you write it])

15. MysticMaja

MysticMaja Well-Known Member

whoa you're already thinking about your career even before high school? well that's good, i guess. i'm in my second year of college and i'm still not sure of what job i want :/

well if you like math, maybe... you can consider business courses? accountancy, economics, management, legal management, etc. : )

but if your heart's set on engineering, go for it.

16. jonkswa

i'm only thinking for back-up ideas already because i am gonna choose wat high-school i'm gonna go to soon, and that depends on a lot, even wat collage/university i wil go to. (i'll miss so many of my friends when grade 8 is over.....*sob*)

My grandfather (who passed away near febuary 2009...*sob*) was an engineer in the philipines, and he built his own natural disaster proof house and it seems still new and standing great. i had that good felling inside of me when i said i wanted to be an engineer ... to him (don't know any good exact types i should be)
    and now he's......gone? *sob* so that is a sad story of why i wanna sorta be an engineer.

Back-up ideas so far: accountance, and economics.

17. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Civil Engineering? What exactly?

18. jonkswa

well....i'm not exactly sure wat type i wanna be though.(so many to choose from)
    i'm born in canada type asain guy

19. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member