1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What happens to ROMulation if Nintendo wont make roms again for DS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CoolKill3r, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

What happens to ROMulation if there wont be any games made for the Nintendo DS?
    I just wanna know what will happen to this site will it be dead?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Nintendo doesn't make roms.

They make game cartridges with the game data on it.
    Then a dumper, dumps the game into an file called a rom.
    Or rather, an NDS rom image.

3. CoolKill3r

yea but... you know what i mean

4. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

i still think the site will be up but only lose alot of viewers and downloaders

5. CoolKill3r

yea but what will the owners do?

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

If you mean digital downloads?

Then they will eventually be exploited and be able to played. :p

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

If Nintendo started a steam-like platform I'd probably ask to get in on it. :p

If we got that then there'd really be no need for piracy any longer, we could have instant downloads put onto a Nintendo made flash cart and demos would be readily available. Would be awesome.

8. Romulation will probably stay for a while, but less people would visit it and eventually it will just disappear. I'm not too sure but that's most likely to happen.

9. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Its not like NDS is all RomU offers.

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It is undoubtedly the biggest draw to Romulation though.

11. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

What happens to ROMulation if companies wont make games again for DS?

LOL Seph, you really think Nintendo would offer games for free?!
    [me=YoshiFlip]starts dreaming[/me]

I would go crazy.

BTW, fixed title.
    Nintendo doesn't make ROMs, they make Games.
    And yet they don't make them alone.

12. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you mean DS games. Any no, I don't they will get rid of DS games/system/platform any time soon. If there is a new system, then .NDS would be like .GBA right now on RomU. Even if they stop making DS games, they will be making games for the predosessor of the DS. (the DS is the prodesessor of the GameBoy) Either way, that's years from now and RomU will still host them.

We can help RomU by, um, clicking on ads??

13. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Very true, but what gets me is there are close to 5000 NDS titles (give or take the ones that are "blocked" for legal reasons) but still yet these are "free" and people are wanting more or act like it would be the end of the world if it all comes to a halt which I do not see happening...bah maybe I am just getting too old. *stops rant*

Still you guys should bother with enjoying whats available and stop worrying about whats going to happen next.

14. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You are confusing Predecessor and Successor. The GBA is the predecessor of the DS (it came before). Just so you know.

15. Reme

Reme Well-Known Member

well i dont think they will stop even though there are some pirating issues ;) they still make lots and lots of money if they get greedy it will only bite them in the but causing them to lose profits overall

im sure they would get ALOT of profits if they started selling roms online for people with emulators or maybe if they made an official emulator for free and sold the roms...cause nobody likes when their Heart Gold crashs every 5 seconds or their Soul Silver freezes WHILE SAVING -.-

16. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

It doesn't freeze when saving...though you are correct.

When they provide games online for download for money, they make money out of it while making people with flashcards happy.

It is basically Seph's idea, but then you gotta pay!

17. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

Ohhhh! thanks man, I always mess those up...

18. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

If Nintendo stops making games, it'd be a good thing because it would mean Microsoft & Sony outlasted Nintendo in the endless console wars :p

Nah... Seriously speaking though.

Nintendo, or any other videogames developers/publishers out there will not stop making games just because of digital piracy. Sure they get pretty pissed off when brand new titles get to be freely distributed on sites like RomUlation, but that isn't enough of a good reason for them to stop the industry altogether.

And you may not know this seeing you may be from countries with better anti-piracy programs, but in countries like where I'm from, Digital Piracy goes beyond just a website that hosts ROMs/ISOs or even warez. In such countries Digital Piracy even encompasses "fake/bootleg" cartridge manufacturers who distribute fake stuff onto the market.

So you see, places like RomUlation isn't the only thing that game developers have to deal with.

Another factor, which also is the ultimate deciding factor is us consumers. As long as we still love videogames, the industry will still survive & game developers will find ways to wring us dry of our money & they'll find better ways to halt Digital Piracy.

You can only say that the industry will die if we lose interest in it, just like what happened in the great videogames crash of 1983 & if it were not for Nintendo & their rotund Mascot, the videogames industry would have never got to where it is now.

So yeah, Nintendo will eventually drop the DS, but that also means they'll work on newer toys for us to play with. And as long as the industry lives, so shall RomUlation :)

And yeah, I could care less of the DS as I'm a retro gamer LOL!

19. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

What happens? You hope like hell there's a backup plan, since communities invariably die without an influx of roms.

Or you leave.

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

LOL!

If all else fails, we can just play a fun old game of LARP right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ddn019U6vU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMfgcVTo9w0&feature=watch_response

ROFL! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.