1. This forum is in read-only mode.

what happened to the r4 updates?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fgghjjkll, Jun 23, 2008.

1. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll Well-Known Member

its like the 23rd of june and the updates havent came out?

2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

What updates are you talking about? Include more information in your question.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

He's probably talking about firmware. Yes it's been nearly a month (I think) since the last firmware came out, but the R4DS team have lives, and it takes time to produce a new firmware.

On a side note, love your new Personal Text B2k, "Use proper English or die.". Evil!

4. titaniumxl

titaniumxl Member

Well I want to add here a question....

I cant play Guitar Hero with my moonshell1.71.. will there be new release ? I want to play that sh.t..

Or if u have any suggestions for me, please help :) c ya

5. anandjones

create a new topic in Technical Help. By the way, Moonshell has been abandoned (no need for new updates) and you don't play downloaded games with moonshell, you select Games from the menu.

6. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Moonshell is for playing videos and music, and viewing pictures. You use the R4 itself to play games.

If you want an updated R4 firmware, then look here: http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Also, you cannot play Guitar Hero without the little colorful guitar controller, I believe. I'm not sure, though.

7. anandjones

No, you can't, bummer aye.

8. Ezgary

Ezgary New Member

Didn't the R4 team get sued by the company that made M3? I thought they've stopped putting out R4 firmwares cause of the lawsuit. The R4 is just a relabelled M3, you can use M3 firmware on the R4, that's proof if anyone needs it (it does require opening the R4 and using a pencil to joins 2 circuts though).

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I was extremely confused when you said B2k.
    B2K? that really girly pop/hip hop group?...that I always got confused with nick cannon when a song was playing.
    now I know you meant Born2killx.

edit: scribbles out M3 and writes over with R4.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Actually I believe the R4 came first, and they're made by the same company.

11. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

just to set the record straight

nothing beats the TTDS ;D
    it RIPZ M3 or R4 anyday

either though i have none right now ;p

12. anandjones

Loonylion, you are correct, the M3 Simply was manufactured sometime after the R4, both are manufactured in the same company lab. The DSTT was based on the R4's features, so it might or may be better, the menu is extremely unorganised though.