1. This forum is in read-only mode.

what games for 3 year old kids?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by masja-76, Mar 3, 2010.

1. masja-76

masja-76 New Member

my 2 oldest kids are playing with the nintendo ds a lot, but my 3 year old doughter also want's to play, but everything is too difficult for her. are there games for 3 year old kids?
    Masja

2. imperialmask

imperialmask Member

I'd say that's a very young age to start playing videogames, and I don't see anything simple enough on the DS for a 3-years old to start playing.

According to this article here...
    http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Old-Should-Kids-Be-Before-They-Play-Video-Games?&id=1012909

"The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests that children under three shouldn't spend any time in front of the "screen" (TV or video games)"

I'm pretty sure there are other kind of games your kid would enjoy. As for videogames... the DS can be a little difficult to start with. But if your kid wants to play DS that much... I wonder if the mechanics of Tetris and many other retro games are too difficult to understand?

Try Tetris DS, Junior Classic Games, Retro Atari Classics and Namco Museum DS...

3. HeartofSword

HeartofSword Well-Known Member

imperialmask you are right.
    But Masja 3 year old is TOO early to start playing video games,and it might even be bad for her.She wants to play with something that she doesn't understand yet,but that's how kids roll.For now,just give toys and play with her so she can stay healthy.You can think about videogames later,ok?

4. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

Oh! hi again "mom" (<-- if that don't like you i will stop saying that, ok?)

I already posted it on your introduction tread but...
    I believe this suits better here so...

A Preschooler's Favorite NINTENDO DS Games <-- Da' link :D

Take care :p