1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What game should I get for a (gaming) PC?

Discussion in 'PC' started by stirgo1212, Feb 25, 2010.

?

Which game is the best to play on the PC?

1. GTA IV

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fallout 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Battlefie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Crysis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

Choose the appropriate one! I think theyre all good,but i cant decide.

2. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Ya or you could get Mass Effect 2....

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

If possible, all of them. I know a few of those are relatively easy to crack. Might have to break a little bit of morality to get what you want...

4. stirgo1212

But its illegal! I dont want to get fined millions of bucks just for a game! Big brother is watching you...

5. insanecrazy07

Have you ever been fined that much? Do you know of anyone who has been fined that much? Do you know of anyone who has gotten stung by Big Brother due to downloading? Do you know anyone personally " " " " etc. etc.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Just a case or two, out of BILLIONS of people. I know a few people that have gotten C&Ds and that was because they were uploading 20 GB of new stuff over the course of a week, or they simply downloaded something that was being monitored. Get an IP blocker, update it daily, and you'll never have trouble with anti-p2p groups.

If you're careless with what you do on the internet, then of course you're gonna get caught for whatever it is that you're doing. Common sense.

6. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

What's your PC specs?
    If you really have a powerful PC,i recommend CRYSIS...huge open ended environment,evolving A.I,destructibles,immersive physics,not to mention tons of volumetric graphical effects...unlike fake 2-d mountain in Uncharted 2 or other console titles...
    It's a sandbox FPS unlike the linear Modern Warfare or most FPS out there...You can approach the game anyway you want...

BUT..you fail.You include Fallout 3 and Modern Warfare 2...and GTA 4(pc version is a bugfest)
    You should wait for Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3..(2 ultimate pc exclusive titles)

IF not go play CRYSIS,MASS EFFECT 2.

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I think Crysis is a game that is a hollow shell. The graphics are beautiful but the gameplay itself, and the story isn't that fun. Same deal with the multiplayer. It is NOT sandbox, it just offers a large environment each level, you're still always progressing through the game stage to stage, you can't just stop and explore the entire island at once (Unlike GTAIV where you can stop doing the missions and just drive around).

I think Battlefield 2 or the new Battlefield coming out in a few days will be an extreme amount of fun (with more destructibility than Crysis).

Fallout 3 is good if you can handle sub par voice acting, and the color grey. It has a fun storyline and it's a good FPR/RPG hybrid

MW2 is dreadful in my opinion, the multiplayer got stale around level 40 and the single player is a Michael Bay film (if you're into that then by all means).

And don't bother with GTAIV, horrible console port.

I do recommend Team Fortress 2 if you're into multiplayer, and I recommend Mass Effect 2.

I don't really see how this is a bad thing really. Oh no, the backdrop is 2d, how horrible.

8. stirgo1212

I thought it was a very open game, like each level was one sandbox (if you know what i mean). What games could you reccomend as a sandbox genre? BTW doesent crysis warhead have a sandbox mode where you can just run around the whole island?

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No Crysis Warhead is like Crysis in terms of 'sand box'.

As I said, Crysis offers large environments, but you can't derive from the main objective like GTA. If it's considered a sandbox game then a lot of games are considered that (like Bad Company 1 and a few others I'm too lazy to think of). My definition of a sandbox game or open world game is one where you can stop doing all missions and do jack shit, like Fallout 3, Oblivion, Saints Row 1 and 2, and GTA.

10. allkratos

Crysis is sandbox maam.It may be not as open-ended as GTA but it is impressive.(combine the fact that you go and shoot trees,swim and go under a North Korean boat and punch them from the back and maneuver the boat towards the shore,go into stealh mode and kill a guy to alert the others,then go hide behind a rock or run into the jungle..or go inside a hut find a thing or two and smack them with it....
    or take a chicken and throw it to the koreans to distract them,go find an explosive barrel-enter strength mode,throw it towards a group of North Korean Army and shoot it and it goes kaboom!!!Enjoy the physics!!!(unlike scripted events in Modern Warfare of Killzone 2)

11. Buppazugan

Buppazugan Well-Known Member

Mass effect 2 got old fast~

12. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

Fallout 3, if you liked the fallout series.

Don't get CoD MWF2. The game is piss poor and a waste of money for the PC.
    Gta 4? No

Get ME2 or Fallout 3.

13. allkratos

DUDE...PC will shine above the rest if you play games from genre that only works well on PC.Also,PC is a multiplayer focused platform.
    Mass Effect 2 maybe my recommendation but it won't last long.Play it a few times then what else?
    All i have to say is wait.
    Civilization 5,Starcraft 2,Diablo 3 and Star Wars:The Old Republic.
    Save your money for those games.Seriously those are going to be the best of the best on PC and really distinguish the platform.

14. Buppazugan

Buppazugan Well-Known Member

Do NOT get ME2. It is a total flop compared to ME1. There is only 4-5 story missions, the rest of the time you're either doing the boring mining mini-game or babysitting and running errands for bland and boring characters.

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

They're not even out yet, how can you assume?

Get ME2, it's a lot of fun, I think it's a lot more intense than anything in ME1.

Also stop stating your opinions as facts.

16. paulthegreen

paulthegreen Well-Known Member

17. stirgo1212

OK guys, I got Crysis Warhead. It seems like the best game for a gaming PC and the multiplayer on Crysis: Wars is quite decent apparently. Thank you all for your help.

18. allkratos

GREAT!Now turn everything into enthusiast level!Enjoy the glory!(and turn on AA as well)
    Post Merge: [time]1267569841[/time]
    As for Bad Company 2-quoting IGN
    If you have a powerful enough PC to run Bad Company 2, this version is the one to go with. High-end rigs will pump out better visuals than what you get on PS3 or Xbox 360. More importantly for many, the PC version allows you to browse servers to find the exact game you want. And to top it all off, you'll get a 32 player game, which makes the battles a couple of squads more intense than the 24 player console iteration.

19. insanecrazy07

Everything that comes out of a person's mouth is their opinion, and does not need the "in my opinion" opener, or "I think that..." etc. To use these lessens the value of the opinion, turns it into weaksauce before any logic, or rationale is applied to it.

I will not consider anything on this forum as fact, unless it is a law of physics [anything that's fun costs at least $8] (Cartman), common knowledge, or backed by some reputable source.

--

If you have a true gaming rig, then, like I said before, get them all. Even the ones that people said don't waste your time with. You have the potential space, the specs to do so and all of the tools necessary to get these for free to test out to your own liking. If you don't like them, then the only things you have wasted is your energy and time, not money. If you really are against downloading, then go out and buy the ones that you enjoyed the most, and let it sit in the plastic case (since you already tried them all).

20. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's one of my pet peeves. I don't like how someone bashes a game without saying that it's his/her opinion, like what Buppa did.