1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What flashcart?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Crag, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Crag

Crag New Member

I know, I know, this has probably been done to death but please bear with me.

I'm a complete newbie to this. I've just bought my daughter a DSi for Xmas and am after a bit of advice on which flash cart to go for. Its only going to be used for games and the likes so I don't think it needs to be all singing and all dancing (could be wrong though!)

And also, looking at the website, I can no longer download games from this site? So where's the best place to safely download from?

Any pitfalls I should be wary of when both buying the flashcart and downloading the games?

cheers

2. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

buy and acekard and you can saftely download games here, you can just download them from the forum!

3. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

-as coolkill3r said, get an acekard 2i. this site is reliable, and choose premium flashing service so it is sure its going to work on the dsi's firmware: http://shoptemp.com/products/Acekard-2i-Card-for-Nintendo-DS-DS-Lite-DSi-p-30.html
    -and for games, just check out the nds section: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?board=55.0

4. Crag

Crag New Member

Thanks guys, appreciate the quick responses.

No doubt I'll be back with ridiculous questions as I get to grips with it all :)

5. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

If you want a card that is way better then Acekard get the Supercard DSTWO but if you do not need a GBA emulator, SNES emulator, special eBook app, video app and 99.9% game compatibility go for the acekard.

6. Asterisk-CGY

Asterisk-CGY Member

What kind of shipping did you guys choose?

7. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

regular shipment

8. SharinganZX

SharinganZX Member

The DSTWO is currently without a doubt the best flashcart on the market. It has 100% compatibility, is not affected by any AP, and has more features than any other cart. You can play any clean ROM without problems and patches upon release. I'm not going into all the things the DSTWO has to offer, but you can check their site and read reviews online about how great it is.

9. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

DSTwo is very awesome , but if you just care about NDS game, there are other choices like Ak2i . Recently some R4i is officially supported by Wood R4 , which is an alternative IMO .

10. jjyypi

jjyypi Member

Download games i aways go to romulation.net,and get carts i go to digimartz.net.

11. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

What are you? A SDTWO salesman? Jeez, he said he only wants it to play games, and by the way, the Acekard 2i has 99.9% game compatibility also.

GBA and SNES emulator aren't worth the extra $25.00. You want to play old GBA and SNES games? There's homebrews for that, you can also just get Moonshell and play music, videos, view pictures if you really want to....

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'd personally go with the Acekard 2i. It's my favorite cart and has all of the features I need.

13. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

I didn't say "Get the DSTWO ASAP", I said "Make a choice".

There's no homebrew for GBA games. You need so-called "hardware" to play the GBA games.