1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What Flashcart to get?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dmac154, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm planning to buy another nintendo ds and I'm wondering which flashcart to get (I don't have one right now). The flashcart should be able to:
    - play ds games smoothly
    - play gba games, or have some external SLOT2 section
    - able to support 2gb micro sd cards or higher
    - able to get easily from some online retailer

Any help will be appreciated.
    Dmac

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If you buy a DS Lite, get a CycloDS

If you buy a DSi, get an Acekard 2i

You'll be set as good as it gets.

3. dmac154

Does the CycloDS allow me to play GBA games though?
    And what about R4 or M3?

4. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

there is no GBA support on Slot-1 flashcards, as far as i know

and DO NOT! DO NOT! get an R4. they're dead, and the only ones around now are s**ty clones (the N5 clone can brick your DS, for example). M3 is supposedly an early R4 clone as well

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The only way to play GBA games is to use a Slot 2 card like the EZFlash 3 in 1. The CycloDS will not play them without it, but if you do have one, the CycloDS will let you play the GBA games by selecting them from the Cyclo, without using a utility like GBAxploader.

6. LINK289

LINK289 Member

If you are buying the DSi, There is a flashcart that is being announced on Monday by the Supercard team, it has a piece of equipment that allows you to plug your card into the computer and update the cards firmware if nintendo makes another update that blocks the cards... I think it is called DSONEi. I was thinking of buying the Acekard 2i but I might wait to see how good the DSONEi is.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=153872

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes. It is one of the failproof methods which reflashes the firmware if blocked, which will prevent any future prevention updates from Nintendo :)

8. dmac154

Okay guys, im getting a DS Lite. So from what I understand, I am going to get the CycloDS and I should get the EZFlash 3 in 1(For GBA roms?)
    And could you tell me where I could get these, I am tying to find some places to buy them...

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Try gamebygame.com, realhotstuff.com etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.