1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What Flashcart should I get?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by raptir, Mar 4, 2010.

1. raptir

raptir Member

I currently have an incredibly outdated R4. I'd like to replace it so that I could run some of the trickier ROMs more easily. What cart would you recommend? I have a DSLite. Thanks.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Cyclo DS or Acekard 2i are currently some of the best flashcarts on the market.

3. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

I suggest you to buy the acekard... but if your R4 is outdated... why you don't update it?

4. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

I still think Supercard is the best.

5. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

super card is best in my opinnion, it runs even yu-gi-oh 2010 whitout any broblems

6. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

acekard, and haven't had any problems along with a great price.

7. raptir

raptir Member

Thanks for all the input. Here's one other question, though. Do any of these flash carts work with Pokemon Battle Revolution? Probably a feature that I'd only use once before I realize the game isn't any good even with your own pokemon, but it's something that could help me decide. And do they all work with GBAExploader?

Also, where can I buy these? All the sites I used to use don't carry flashcarts anymore.

8. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

I have not tried it, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.. I believe that you can connect to battle revolution with Acekard2i by holding down X button? I think it was? but you will need the AKAIO firmeware.

9. raptir

raptir Member

Alright, I'll look into that. Also, I don't plan on ever getting a DSi. I play GBA games often enough that if my DSLite breaks, I'll buy a new one. Is there any reason to get the Acekard 2i? And do the supercard or cycloDS have anything that the Acekard doesn't?

10. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Yes. Supercard runs many piracy protected games without any patching. Acekard can't do that.
    Let's take Dragon Quest V for example.

11. raptir

raptir Member

Ah, really? I thought most of the new carts handled trouble games on their own with firmware updates...
    Post Merge: [time]1268409503[/time]
    Well, what all cartridges work with HG/SS without patching now? I guess that'll be my deciding factor.

12. stigma1

stigma1 Active Member

is $69 US the normal price for a cyclo DS

13. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Just the CycloDS? No.
    http://www.realhotstuff.com/-c-124_105.html

If it comes with an 8GB MicroSD, then maybe.

(DealExtreme wasn't any cheaper than realhotstuff either. It's not a lot of market from the retailers, it's just the price of the CycloDS).

14. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

The CycloDS can connect to the Wii in PBR. It's one of the very few flashcarts known to be able to do that. It also runs HGSS without a hitch with a clean ROM. No patch needed. It also plays MANY games without the need for patches thanks to its great support as far as firmware goes.

I tend to go with what you know, and as of right now, the Cyclo is the most capable out of the three mentioned. If the Acekard and the Supercard can connect to the Wii and run HGSS without AP patches, then they would be considered equally as capable.

I bought my CycloDS Evo for $50.00 USD. It's well worth every dollar.

15. visual_death

visual_death Member

I'm a cyclods user. And I have bought one for my boyfriend too.

It's the best cart in my opinion. They have good firmware updates and good support. They're the first to put certain features on flashcarts.

The cart itself is very good quality. I think I have had mine for ... at least 3-4 years now and I've never had one problem with it.

I use to own an R4 too. (When R4 was one of the leading flashcarts) Which I loved but it only went up to 2gb mem cards if I remember correctly. I think that's why I switched to cyclo.

Cyclo is more expensive than others but I love it. It's easy to use. I have seen the ezflash cart and the acekard and I don't really like them. I helped my boyfriend's brother order an acekardi (or whatever the one is called specifically for the DSi) and not even 2 months of having it, the spring load for the memory card broke. (Quality of the cart itself is bad) It still works, but I'm surprised how quickly it "broke" in any kind of way.