1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What firmware should i use?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by The Alpha Gamer, Mar 23, 2010.

1. The Alpha Gamer

The Alpha Gamer Well-Known Member

I have this card, not sure if it's 1st or 2nd gen, but i've never updated the firmware on it. What's the latest firmware and how to i install it? Will it erase any of the stuff on my card? and will it allow me to run Sonic Collection, Sonic racing and Pokemon SS?

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

As it is an R4 clone, it has nearly identical problems to the R4. In that respect, I'm nearly 100% that none of the listed games will work on this card without a patch. As for the firmware, see the site name on your card? Go there and there should be a section on the site to allow you to get firmware for your specific card.

3. The Alpha Gamer

They have several different firmwares on that site though, one for a card with a badge on it, one for a fire card, one for ones made after a certain time etc

4. LuckyTrouble77

Try the R4-i English v1.14b, the top firmware in the left box on the download page of r4i-sdhc.com. I assume that should work fine for your card.

5. The Alpha Gamer

Ok, so how do i install it? and it wont delete anything from my card?

6. LuckyTrouble77

The firmware probably was downloaded in a zip file, so first you need to extract it. Then all files must be put on the root of the MicroSD card. Done and done, should be fully functioning.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Read http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/?mode=desc&fileid=1786