1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What firmare works for 8gb microsd for R4 sdhc?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by happygirl83, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happygirl83

happygirl83 Member

I have searched the forum but can not see answer the firmware that I can use for 8gb sd card for R4 SDHC?

Thanks mucho ...

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The firmware doesn't depend on the MicroSD size. The same one that works on the 4GB MicroSD should work on an 8GB, etc.

What issues are you having? Some games not showing up? It won't recognize that MicroSD but will recognize others?

3. happygirl83

happygirl83 Member

You are correct, I have about 120 games and only 55 or so showing and the other just ...gone and so many unknown dir. in chinese or something ...

help....

4. TirithRR

It sounds like you might have some corrupted files on your MicroSD (the unknown directories, weird named items, etc).
    Backup what files you can (copy them to your computer) and format your MicroSD. Then copy the files back onto your MicroSD.

There is also a limit to the number of games that can be displayed in a single directory (folders). To help solve this, just make a couple different folders, and split the games into them. A simple way is by Genre (Puzzle Games, RPGs, Fighting games, Adventure games, etc.)

5. happygirl83

happygirl83 Member

The 8gb have been formatted 2 times just in cased for corrupted.... but the same.

I will try your advise, group them in like game 1, game 2 ... folders and also how big can each dir can handle which firmware you recommend that I can use YSmenu as well?

Thanks

6. TirithRR

I'm not sure if the R4 SDHC can use the Ysmenu. You can try (worst that can happen is it won't work and you'll have to put the real R4 SDHC firmware on it.

I have not used any of the R4 cards, so I haven't done it personally, but this topic should show you how.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=28719.0

7. happygirl83

happygirl83 Member

I used to have 1.26 and when I did like you said, group in folders and firmware the same (1.26) I got purple screen and only few games showed up and the other folders are still not display and many wierd dir shoed up .... but my 4 gb worked just fine ...
    Post Merge: [time]1264088839[/time]
    so far nothing work yet ...
    Post Merge: [time]1264096648[/time]
    I followed this and got it worked but only 45 games showed instead of 120 games, if I split them in folder how are they be placed? Like in the game folder or in the directory name game 1, game 2 ....

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.