1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What files....?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by freedom880, Apr 25, 2010.

1. freedom880

freedom880 New Member

Just downloaded a rar file,game,for my son's nintendo ds from romulation.net and installed it on the micro sd card.I put the micro sd card in a dstt card and tryed to play it in the ds and it won't work.Can someone please tell me what files and or attributes I need to have to format the micro sd card before it is abled to work with the dstt card?A reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thks
    freedom880

2. MadSemtex

MadSemtex Well-Known Member

Do you have the firmware for DSTT?

3. freedom880

freedom880 New Member

Yes I formatted it with ttmenu that I use to use for the nds files,but it will not work with the rar file.

Thks
    freedom880

4. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Have you extracted it from the .rar files ?
    Just wondering since you mention it doesn't work with the rar.

5. freedom880

freedom880 New Member

When you say extract,it seems that when I downloaded the file;rar,from the romulation website,it is already unzipped,unlike the the nds files that I am familiar with.I just need to format the micro sd card before I am able to play the rar file.Can someone help please as I am not the most swift when it comes to these matters.

Thks
    freedom880

6. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

The .rar files is actually a compressed files like the .zip.
    You need to extract the .nds files from the .rar files by using Winrar or 7-zip.

See this for help on .rar http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=3880.0

7. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I think the first post of this topic would help you
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=3880.0

8. freedom880

freedom880 New Member

Thank you very much all.

freedom880

9. m3xicanjo3

m3xicanjo3 Well-Known Member

yea i did the this exact same thing when i first started doing this downloading games after u get it you will wanna learn more and put SneS on the dstt to play super nintendo games and then change themes all really easy to do and learn youtube it then if you have a big enough card put actuaL movies on it !!! using moonshell but lets get the games down 1st hope you got it