1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What DS Games are good for 9 year old boy?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by grumpy83, Apr 23, 2010.

1. grumpy83

grumpy83 New Member

OK so my daughters best friend is turning 9 and I thought the coolest gift I could get him would be a loaded card for his DS. Being a mother of girls, I have no idea what games to put on it...Does anyone have any suggestions? I know he is into transformers and plays the Lego Batman DS game.
    Thanks in advance!

2. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

3. jackketchum

jackketchum Active Member

I don't see Drawn to Life, would that not be recommended for a kid?

Also, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days may not suit a 9-year-old, especially one who has not played the previous Kingdom Hearts (1, 2 or both)

4. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

I didn't play the previous KHs, and I still got the storyline anyway.

5. Binocularz

Binocularz Active Member

My younger brother is just 7 years old and I was surprise that he almost finished the pokemon platinum game within 5 days, sadly he quits and got bored.

*He only finished the 8th gym and stops playing*

6. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

7. Here you go, i think you can find most of the games here: http://www.bestdsgamesforkids.com/
    Hope you find something for your kid :)

Other questions about games, just PM me and i will answer as soon as possible! ;)

8. GoldenTalesGeek

GoldenTalesGeek Well-Known Member

The Legendary Starfy is a pretty good game. It's kinda cutesy, but still fun.

9. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

It depends on your kid really whether he's those still learning puzzle type gamer or kids game or advance game master who already plays rpgs like he's been doing it for ages.

I was really tempted to suggest dementium though xD of course that means it's not suitable for 9 years old...or you may think otherwise =P

10. Firox23

Firox23 Member

Try Picross

11. go2_ars

go2_ars Member

I recommend Tetris DS ^^

12. Saiko

Saiko Well-Known Member

Mario Kart, that one is great :D Or, if he's playing Lego Batman, maybe other Lego game, if there is any for DS?

13. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member