1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What DS and Flashcart ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by g@l1h, Feb 15, 2010.

1. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I'm planning to buy a Nintendo DS and so I would like to hear your opinions :)

What kind of DS and Flashcart do you recommend me to get ?
    I'm looking for one that is easy to play games and homebrew and not too troublesome to use, I'm new to the DS world ::)

Though what I will get in the end depends on what available on the store, your opinions is highly appreciated :)

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well.

The Acekard 2i of course. :)

Easy to use, highly dependable, and works on almost all of the games available.

If you use AKAIO of course. ;D

3. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

I really recommend you get DS Phat.
    I have a DS Phat and dropped it heaps of time and it still works really well.
    If Acekard 2i works on DS Phat then you should get that card.

4. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Acekard 2i eh ?
    I'll make sure to look for those.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Tough bastards aren;t they-those shellsa take more than the dslites...it's always the right hinge that breaks first when dropped ::)

6. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

So hYpNoS, should I get a DS Phat or Lite ?

7. Matt2D2

Matt2D2 New Member

I bought a DS Lite and Acekard 2.1 and it is great :D. Acekard 2i Only works with DSi. I dont know how fragile the Lite is compared to Phat, i have dropped mine once and it didnt break. I think the Phat looks ugly though.

8. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

So Acekard 2i only available to DSi eh ?

I'm planning to get either a Phat or a Lite one.

Maybe I'll try Acekard 2.1.

9. esmrjones

esmrjones Member

They dont even make that phat any more. Even if you could find one you wouldnt want it, its big and ugly. Acekard is a good card, so is cylclo evoution ds. I would get either of those cards. But what ever you do, dont buy anything with r4 in the name.

10. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I don't mind the size or wether is ugly, as long as it can play games ::)

But I mostly see people sells the Lite one, so I guess that's my target.

So no R4 card ?

11. esmrjones

esmrjones Member

Firstly, there is some 20 versions of it and they all have problems. I was asking about cards not 3 months ago and i did a lot of research and i settled on cyclo ds evo. It costs the most (40$) but its well worth it. Its very well supported and you dont want to skimp on anything when its a once time purchase.

12. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Good info :)

Okay, I'll try avoiding it, though what I will really buy depends on what available in the store.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

But the ds phat would be cheaper...second hand of course.

14. MikeHoncho16

MikeHoncho16 Well-Known Member

Black Nintendo DSi
    Acekard 2i AKAIO 1.5.1
    Works extremely well :)

15. Jayne Locke

Jayne Locke Well-Known Member

If NA do get the DSi XL, go with that and the Acekard i with AKAIO frimware. You should also play Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver with the Kazowar English patch.

16. titen96

titen96 Well-Known Member

id recommend a cyclods because it gets regularly updated and is very compatible with most games but the acekard 2i is also a great one

17. _luigi_

_luigi_ Well-Known Member

i heve teh same

18. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

DS Lite and SuperCard DS One. Everything works fine, gets updates quite often, sometimes it runs games with antipiracy protection without any patches. And it looks nice ::) Awesome.

19. radenez

radenez Active Member

I have a DSi and a R4i card, I'm giving the card to my friend and getting the upgraded R4i so I can get my 1.4 firmware and still play.

I get my Flashcart
    Post Merge: [time]1266262925[/time]
    I have a DSi and a R4i card, I'm giving the card to my friend and getting the upgraded R4i so I can get my 1.4 firmware and still play.

I get my Flashcarts from realhotstuff(dot)com.

20. nitemarezero147

nitemarezero147 Well-Known Member

i say go with a DS Lite and Acekard 2i
    maybe a DSi
    but Acekard 2i to for sure