1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What does this mean?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Nightlasher, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Nightlasher

Nightlasher Member

Long story short, I'm going to buy this Wii game, off Tao Bao http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.185.P60qs6&id=17903798711 (Â¥5.00 is much better than $170 on Amazon, and no, it's not suspicious, I buy games at that price on the streets all the time), but running the description through Google Translate, I get this:

Note 2: The hard disk version of the host can not directly play, but you can use the software to make ISO image CD, and then import it into the hard disk to play. Restaurant does not provide tutorials at your own Baidu.

So, do I need to burn an ISO from the disk onto a USB? My Wii is modded, so no problems playing ISOs (there are small little shops which can completely mod your Wii here), but I am curious. I've bought games here, but never off tao bao (for Wii anyway). Just wanted some second opinions.

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Pretty much.

Most Wii backup managers have a ripping element to them, so just shove the disc in and rip it to the HDD that's plugged into the Wii.
    If you want to know how to using USB Loader GX:

Go here and then CTRL+F "Launch USB Loader GX". Then follow the instructions from there.