1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What do you want to do when you leave school?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joshaz, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Joshaz

Joshaz Well-Known Member

Hey everyone!
    Just a random post, I'm in Year 12 at the moment and I'm finding it really confusing about what I want to do when I leave school.
    Just wanted to know about what do you want to do when you leave school and why? What influenced you to follow this path?
    What are you good at that made you want to choose this job/pathway?
    What subjects did you do in Year 12?
    Thanks,
    :D

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Back when I was your age, i had 2 choices.

-Work my way thru the ranks of fast food and using my achiveved rank (manager) go run an eb games store then once I get old go be a train/tram driver.

-Grab what I could and just see where I go without trying

-Study a course and go where that takes me

Due to my short attention span (and lack of effort aka "wtf should I work) study was out...and my stint at fast food ended before I got my first taste of management other than telling moron managers what they should do...

So now it's just blowing around in the wind...or be a bar tender somewhere since I have my RSA (Responsible Serving of Alchol).

3. i'll hold my ds everyday

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Doesn't pay the bills though, I learnt that one...

One option that a friend did (though even I'm not this low) is stick to a pension and live off that for the rest of your life, he has money from an inheritance...it's alot but not enough to live solely on it, thus the pension which he is entitled to...

In his case (well now at least) he can't get a job (he keeps choosing dud jobs that end up stressing him out, and it's been 2 years since he had any work other than helping his mother who doesn't really need it...so now he just can;t get a job nor the will to get one).

Here is a suggestion most of us here could take...do an IT course and see how far you can go with that, if a school drop out and a lazy as mate can do them with flying colours anyone here can do it (though i lack the attention span to do so myself).

5. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

join the army

6. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Most people want to hook up with another one-anything BUT work-welcome to Studentville.

7. goobergraper

goobergraper Member

I'm going into medicine, just because it feels right, and I have somewhat of a knack for it. I always enjoyed Biology, it was my favorite class throughout high school, and I've shadowed our family's practitioner and found I really enjoyed the clinic atmosphere, so that's how I settled on becoming a family physician in a non-hospice environment.

8. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I go to College.

And I choose the Subject that I like for college studies.

9. RenaldoTT

RenaldoTT Well-Known Member

I want to be the Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Seeing as I'm almost done with my Master's Degree, I just need to pass my Dissertation Defense in three weeks, I think I'll work full time at my Uni for a year or two then try for a Doctorate degree once I save up some more cash :)

I just love gaining more & more knowledge until my head explodes or I lose a few screws & end up an insane vagabond LOL!

11. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I'm studying a Diploma in ICT (why it's not a degree is a long and complex story, but it involves bootcamp), sending the papers over to a degree course next year and continuing on for a Master's in Forensic IT. Why? I like computers and I like solving problems. That's about it.

12. ADMSeraphes

ADMSeraphes Well-Known Member

In order of chronology:
    - Go to uni and at the same time join the air force as a aircraft technician.
    - Study business
    - Study game programming.

Guess the rest.

13. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

There's:

• Becoming an all-powerful fascist dictator
    • Becoming an all-powerful AI
    • Pediatrician
    • Guy who builds the robots that are sent to Mars
    • Child counselor
    • Teacher

14. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

Do something you love to do. Such as gaming but everybody does that. You can get a job as a beta tester but it doesn't mean you will get paid.

15. Joshaz

Joshaz Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for your posts, it's good to hear what some people on here are doing with their lives :)
    Even though some things do sound funny hehe
    But a lot of you are doing stuff at uni which sounds interesting :)

16. joju

joju Member

well

drinking sleeping

that all

17. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

work in a museum , marry a cute handsome businessman then stop working so i can get my masters degree then PhD. :D its very simple really:))

18. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Or you can skip getting married and just go get your PhD right away. And meet a well educated man while studying at your College/University, one who shares similar interests with you, etc.

Cause if you stop education, go get married, and possibly have children, it is very difficult to get back into the education scene.

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Even stop working, it'd be hard going back to work.

20. Snarkey22

Snarkey22 Active Member

It depends what day it is for me...
    If it is Tuesday or Friday I go to my Dad's And play video games on the comp.
    If it is Monday Wednesday of Thursday I play on my Ds.