1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What do you think the next "wii" would be?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by gamefreak6597, Sep 6, 2010.

1. gamefreak6597

gamefreak6597 Member

What do you think the next "wii" would be like? You know, because whenever nintendo releases the next handhelp (3DS) they also release a new system, but what else could they add? They already got motion sensors on the wii...You decide...what they might add...

I believe it will have a camera, kind of like iToy for PS2 if you guys know what that is...

2. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

People still want motion control?

3. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

A "poo"?

Hopefully it will have the hardware to compete seriously with its rivals whatever it is.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I think (hope) motion control won't be around next generation. Yahtzee over at Zero Punctuation said it best, that controls have been designed over the years to minimize movement, and provide a more immersive experience. Motion control is a step backwards from that. Requiring larger motions to play a game makes the user draw focus away from gameplay and more towards how to move correctly. The current Gen 360 and PS3 are just about perfect. A good number of buttons, everything relatively close and easy to access, etc.

5. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Exactly. I remember the reviewers hyping Wii Sports before the Wii's release; saying things like "it's a revolutionary way to play" and "it's better than a joypad, it's like an extension of your mind". I played Wii Sports: I thought that it was terrible, the controls were inaccurate and frustrating, the graphics were abysmal IMO.
    I thought that Twilight Princess was terrible to begin with, but the Wii version was much worse than the Gamecube version; an uncontrollable camera, the damned speaker on the Wii's remote that has no bloody volume control (has anyone here ever found themselves on the brink of gutting the speaker out of the Wii remote? because using the ball and chain and hook-shots in TP did that for me). Oh yeah, and the way that reviewers and Nintendo said s**t like "using the Wii remote is just like swinging a sword", the f**k it is; how the hell is swinging a sword similar to waggling the remote slightly from side to side, like you're trying to jer- shake spiders off you f**king hands?!
    I can't think of any game that uses the Wii's original (non-MotionPlus) features that couldn't have worked just as well with on a joystick.

6. awesomebros

I believe there is a volume setting for the wii mote. You have to press the home button or something.

7. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

I think that the next console will either include:
    -Better motion controls
    or
    -3D grahics
    but I can't see the two working together (remote swinging and mind fucking can't go well together).
    I would definately like to see much better graphics (so that the graphic whore n00bs will have to find something else to complain about), better hardware all-round and a deeper online service. They should keep making the games the way they're doing because they're great
    NSMBW; the use of the remote offered more interaction with the game and made for a fun experience and Wii Play wouldn't have worked without the remote.

8. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

I hope that the next console has less of a casual focus. DS/Wii had a lot of shovelware.

9. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

I lol'd

I want my virtual reality system now thanks nintendo.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The next console won't be like the Wii I've heard on QJ.net.

No one knows, but Nintendo is working on it.

11. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

If Nintendo was to be working on a next console, they should make it have amazing graphics that makes XBOX360 and PS3 look like old NES games. They should also add DVD support, so you can watch movies without having to mod your system or use netflix. And it should have backward compatibility which allows it to play wii games and gamecube games. Also, they need to have an online community like Wii Live(XBOX 360 live without paying a fee). One last thing, get rid of the motion control or have an option to use a controller in every game.

12. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

YES YES YES

13. lil_azn_a55a5in

lil_azn_a55a5in Well-Known Member

mm idk maybe it will be the same but with improved motion controls. i reckon the motion controls on the wii atm is not good enough so maybe better control.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

There is volume control, I toned mine down.

No one is happy, I actually got bored with normal controls, now I'm bored of motion...

Nothing pleases us.

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

3D graphics needs a new TV and a lot stronger hardware. The new TV thing is definitely a set back, especially since the Wii isn't HD because Nintendo believes that HD isn't in most homes at the time of the Wii's release.

I found the minimal use of the Wii remote somewhat bothersome and too sensitive in NSWB (and it felt gimmicky in the game and tacked on), and of course Wii Play wouldn't have worked without the motion controls, it was built around the concept. Something like Metroid Other M, Mario Galaxy, NSWB, Twilight Princess, Donkey Kong, and Kirby (I think the later two don't even use the motion controls at this point) all would work perfectly fine without the motion controller.

If Nintendo's still going with the motion control route (which is probable since they definitely painted themselves in a corner it seems like), I want the controls to be a lot more sensitive to movement. That way, the ridiculous gestures would not be present and instead would have more realistic gestures, or a minimal amount of effort in these gestures. If I want to flail around like an idiot, I could've gone to a hardcore screamo band concert, not standing at home playing Wii Play or Wario Ware. Also, to have it so most games have the option to opt out of the motion controls to use a traditional controller instead.

A more robust online feature (Nintendo's saying they'll step it up with the 3DS, if they don't I gave up hope for Nintendo's Online) is a definite must. The Xbox and PS3 are definitely in competition and improving in strides, if Nintendo doesn't step up their game in this department, they'll be left in the dust.

16. Jayne Locke

Jayne Locke Well-Known Member

They might call it the Wii 2?

17. awesomebros

Or a Wiii.

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Or Wii will have nothing to do with it since it won't be anything like the Wii most likely.

19. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I would prefer something with the "option" of using motion controls or controller use and it must have a Mario,Zelda and Metroid titles...and what the hell throw in Kid Icarus as well.

20. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

There are too many ignorant haters on this forum.

I'll admit though, not many games have used the motion controls that well atm, some just for pretty pointless actions. I couldn't give shit about the party games like Warioware, they are used as a terrible gimmick in those.

Controls like in RE4 were perfect. Aiming is better than what any other method could achieve and the slash motion with the knife was spot on, nothing was used as a gimmick, motion was only used for what you'd expect (FUCK CAPCOM for not releasing RE5 on the Wii)
    Too many games have used them for silly actions like (needless) spin or pull/grab (that especially annoyed the fuck out of me while playing Metroid prime 3). It seems Nintendo themselves don't really know what to do with the controls... Starfox Wii would have been perfect for it and using spin/shake in that WOULD of actually worked for reflecting oncoming fire etc. Imagine how awesome the dogfights could be, it doesn't have to be entirely on-rails.

I'm slightly worried for the new Zelda game. It seems like they are creating even more pointless motions for it, like throwing and whipping -_- The sword, shield and bow are enough! just work on making the sword movements more realistic please, that's all, don't go creating gimmick items.
    Use them well or don't bother.
    (they actually can and have been in some games, just a note to you ignoramus/haters)