1. This forum is in read-only mode.

what do you think of wearing purity rings ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rudegal, Apr 26, 2010.

1. rudegal

rudegal Well-Known Member

just as the title says many celebritys have been wearing them like the jonas brothers , miley cyrus , selena gomez and jordin sparks to name a few but what do you think of them
    please RESPECT all peoples beliefs do not make a mockery of this topic thankyou

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

stupid

3. rudegal

well it is better for some young people to not have sex at a young age or would you rather young people to be fathers and mothers at such a young age think about it for a moment
    Post Merge: [time]1272274765[/time]
    And also i do not wear purity rings or ever have or ever will i plan on staying pure till im married its my familys beliefs

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Or just don't have sex at a young age? If they really want to have sex, a ring isn't going to stop them.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purity_ring

And the responce is...

Unless the child is obedient, I wouldn't care if I took some ring, but if it's voluntary I wouldn't wear it.

It's a stupid idea in today's society, those who take them on free will may just go "eh, a quick session won't hurt", but then again I haven't taken such vow...

And to be honest I should (or could) be wearing one of those, I taken my own oath, no sex until after I'm married.

6. msg2009

theres your answer, maturity not rings is whats needed

7. rudegal

sometimes goodwill can stop you ive never had sex and all my friends havent well most of them havent its my heritages beliefs that men can have sex before marriage but women can not i know its like ancient and that but they are my beliefs and i and my boyfriend respect that together

8. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

"Under the Bush administration, organizations that promote abstinence and encourage teens to sign virginity pledges or wear purity rings have received federal grants. The Silver Ring Thing, a subsidiary of a Pennsylvania Evangelical Church, has received more than $1 million from the government to promote abstinence and to sell its rings in the United States and abroad."

Heh, they could of just given me that money :)

this

Self control can also stop it

9. rudegal

exactly but i put in this topic to see how others feel about this subject

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking now...

It may contradict my post, but I think the rings are taken up by the one wearing it's choice, their own free will, heck they might have been brain washed to remain pure until otherwise.

Why would a parent force some expensive ring on a horny kid-the ring might be applied at a young age, child taught about what it means, and the child (if religious) will hold onto it, if it's their choice they won't want to do it...like smokers trying to quit, they'd feel bad, yet good strangely...but bad once the "high" is over.

Oh and this is the first time I heard about any celebs wearing them, possibly because I don't watch tv or give a damn about the under 18 celebs.

Nice...

Also the ring is just a re-enforcement of self control, like a "reminder" to not screw anyone or be screwed.

Sorry I had to re-think why on earth anyone would want these...

Well except for us 3 currently you'd get a lot of "stupid" or "it's great" or even "JONAS BROTHERS NOOOOOOOO" currently :p

I can already tell who the horny people are here :p

11. rudegal

Also please would everyone respect peoples beliefs in this topic dont make a mockery out of it thankyou

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No need to remind us, we are stating our opinions, and that is the general go with forums.

I don't see anyone hurting the topic in anyway ethier.

[me=hYpNoS]awaits more people posting[/me]

13. msg2009

me :)
    but at 31 ive been there, done it and made the videos.
    each to their own i guess, if it stops 1 young girl getting pregnant then ok, but its not for me

14. rudegal

i know most people would not but i thought id put it in anyways as some people are like that but not all are as this topic is a sensitive issue to many i wouldnt like it to be made a mockery of

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I don't see anyone mocking it, I made some light on the topic...but I don't think alot of us would be on this ring thing.

...you made...videos... XD

And yes, stops one girl being up the duff as we call it here, then yes it's a great idea...we already have enough underage pregnacies, from one getting so she could use her goverment money to buy a plasma tv (WTF?) to being 12 and being stupid about the whole thing (....seriously these kids are getting stupid with sex these days....and damn school education is being restricted because of these dumb arse laws preventing them from talking about things like dicks and vaginas...or using pics...seemed good at the time until you had to cut out pages of required work material to educate).

16. rudegal

i know when you go to work you see so many young people with pushchairs and children and they look so young i think its a shame that they wasted there lives on a night of passion sometimes they regret it as it only takes once to have a baby

17. msg2009

sex isnt a big deal once you have done it and are in a proper relationship, it just becomes another regular thing you dont think about
    i cant remember the last time i had worries about it, probably when i was 15 or something

as long as people are mature and sensible enought to use contraception its fine

18. ndsrom-peach

ndsrom-peach Well-Known Member

how did that topic turned into sex from purity ring??and what exactly a purity thing...ring

19. msg2009

google purity ring
    its all about sex

20. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I got a wikipedia link, it's about virginity basically.

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE LOOK AT THE REST OF THE POST!

but my wiki link...:(