1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What do you guys think I should do?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by archlvt, Oct 22, 2010.

1. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

So my supercard DSTWO just came in the mail today. Thing is, I can't play it because my MicroSD card busted the other day.

I can either order an 8gb sandisk on shoptemp for $23 (it doesn't tell me which class it is, but my last card from there was a class 4), or I can just go to best buy TODAY and get a class 2 8gb sandisk for $26.

I've been dying to play my dstwo, as I've been playing a crappy faulty acekard for months and I'd really like the snes/gba support, as well as better compatibility (been waiting to play lufia and bowser's inside story). I dunno if I can wait a couple of weeks to get the sandisk. Is it worth a 2-3 week wait to get a class 4 sandisk for my DSTWO or would it be better to go get a class 2 right now now now?
    Post Merge: [time]1287758054[/time]
    Staples also has their OWN brand (not sandisk) and it's class 6 0.o, I didn't know that existed.

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=&webid=830379&affixedcode=WW

I dunno what to do I wanna play so bad :(

2. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

If it were up to me, I'd wait for the class 4. But that's just because I'm real picky about my stuff. I always want the best I could get. And I don't mind waiting.
    But, since you've been waiting for the DSTWO for weeks and have been working with a faulty acekard for months, even I'd be really anxious to start playing with my brand spanking new DSTWO.

It all comes down to how long you can wait I suppose. If it were me though, I'd just grab the class 2 now. Many people have reported that the DSTWO has minimal slowdowns with a class 2. So I guess you wouldn't really miss out much.

3. archlvt

Should I get a class 2 sandisk or a class 6 of Staples' own brand? Roughly the same price.

4. toffster92

You'd probably have to check with the Staple sd's compatibility first.
    Since it's their own brand, I don't know if it really works well with the DSTWO.

5. archlvt

I didn't know there were any such compatibility issues... How do I check?

6. toffster92

Sorry dude... I can't answer that, honestly, I suck at all this techie stuff.

7. archlvt

Is there even such a thing as an 8gb Sandisk that's higher than class 2? Everywhere I've looked only has class 2.
    Post Merge: [time]1287760863[/time]
    My ride leaves for work in 2 hours. Can anyone recommend something to me? Shoptemp says class 2/4, which isn't good enough. I need to know EXACTLY what the class is, not a guess between 2 and 4.

8. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

The 16Gb SanDisk MiniSDHCs say class 2/4 too, so I'll tell ya if they're four which once I get mine with my DSTWO. But I dunno when I'll get it, probly in a week :p

I think that you really shouldn't worry too much about class right now, but compatibility is something to think of. In MANY carts only certain cards will work (example: My M3 perfect only likes Kingston and Sandisk) so you might want to be safe and get either kingston or sandisk, they're really the "flashcart brands" so to speak. Just beware of fake kingstons.

9. archlvt

I will never purchase a kingston again. That's the one that fried on me after 5 months.

10. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Fake card probly. It can be really hard to get a legit kingston (I KNOW).

Get the SanDisk @ bestbuy. You seem too excited to wait weeks for it.

11. archlvt

But does a class 4 exist for sandisk? I can only seem to find class 2 everywhere I look. And what will be affected by the class speeds other than loading the card/saving my game?

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I would just go with Sandisk and go with the 26$ card personally. Better than waiting another two to three weeks no?

13. archlvt

I'm just worried I'll regret getting a class 2 card is all. But I don't see any other ones that are any higher than class 2, which is weird.

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Most people don't need above a class 2. :p
    I personally have never had anything different than class 2 and I have never had a problem with my PSP at all.

15. archlvt

I picked up the best buy microsd. What do I need in terms of firmware for the dstwo? I already downloaded 1.07. Is that All I'll need for the snes/gba emulator? I'm not sure how different the dstwo is from the acekard so I don't wanna take too many chances.