1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What do i do after i download a gamecube ISO?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Ag396, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Ag396

Ag396 Active Member

I download melee from the best website in the world (romulation) and after i downloaded the huge file for 5 hours with flashget i extracted it and there was even more winrar files do i extract thoss too and burn them with imgburn at 2x speed and just continue ?

2. all you need is the one .iso file that included. burn that to a dvd with imgburn or whatever software u use

3. Ag396

Ag396 Active Member

my files just show a bunch of winrar files not any .iso then i tried to extract one of the winrar files it led me to another winrar filethat was 1.35 gigs im confused

4. create a folder, put all the winrar files in there.

Highlight all the winrar files, right click, extract files to (may be different)

Select the destination to extracct to. Afterwards a single .iso file should be made

5. Ag396

Ag396 Active Member

Ok ill try and ill get back to you on t its looks like its gonna take a while

6. yea it depends on how good ur computer is :)

7. Ag396

Ag396 Active Member

Yay mine finished real fast for some reason and i got an iso but the folder i extracted to has these items ImageDiff.rar
    , imagepatch (batch file) imagepatch jpatch Super Smash Bros. Melee v1.02 NTSC-U.iso (1.35 gigabytes) and Super Smash Bros. Melee v1.02 to 1.01 NTSC-U.iso.imageDiff umm what do i burn? And are these files the correct ones?

8. the 1.35gb one. make sure ur burning to dvd-r (preferrably verbatim)

9. Ag396

Ag396 Active Member

DUDE THANK YOU sooo much your the best!!!

10. My pleasure! :D dont worry ive been there! Enjoy the game!

11. Apacar2

Apacar2 Active Member

Extract them and burn them with ImgBurn at 4x speed, whitch platform do you want to run this game on? the Nintendo Wii or the Nintendo Game Cube? are they modded or somthing? gif me al the information you have and 1 will try to help you

have fun!

12. Ag396

Ag396 Active Member

Ok im trying this on the wii gator gamecube backup launcher i burned the dvd at 2x to be safe and after that i put it onto my wii loaded it through the homebrew channel and then i get this error it said Media wasn't Recognized then it gave me three options umm what should i do????

13. Apacar2

Apacar2 Active Member

Hmm okej first of all download gamecube backup launcher 0.2 and install it on your wii when you do this correct it will work i think. Sorry for the late replay.

14. Ag396

Ag396 Active Member

Its ok umm i forgot to check it until today :p But yeah i have 0.2 but when i put the disk in it says media not recognized does that mean the dvd im using isnt a good brand?

15. Apacar2

Apacar2 Active Member

Hmm try to burn it again search for a tutorial how to make a Multi-Boot disc for GC games and how to burn it right.

gbatemp.net is a very good site for tuts like that

16. beastmaster100

beastmaster100 New Member

i downloded the mario sunshine file from here and i extracted it then, do i just burn both files to the disc and then this is kinda unrelated but when i put it into my drivekey modded wii will it just appear as a normal gamecube game?

17. Apacar2

Apacar2 Active Member

For a dual disc you need to make a multi-boot disc whit a prog like GCMUtility0.5 it makes your 2 games a 1.iso file so you can burn it whit ImgBurn when you do that right it will work whit out any problems like an normale GC game.

18. beastmaster100

beastmaster100 New Member

im on a mac does that make a difference cuz when i downloaded the gcmutility thing some coding popped up

19. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

you need a program named RAR expander, google it, now make sure that after you open the program trough RARexapnder you get a folder, you will need either a toast version or Dragon burn in order to burn the iso, put it at the recomended speed and if you are on a laptop, put it somewhere plain, that way you wont lose valuable discs.

20. Apacar2

Apacar2 Active Member

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=48454.0