1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What custom theme are you currently using for your flash card?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by AtomicBlue, Nov 23, 2008.

1. AtomicBlue

AtomicBlue Member

I'm bored and need to kill time so I'm doing this. If you know a link to your nds theme post it so we can all see it. =]

Right now, I'm using a Nintendo Retro Blue theme. I like it cause it's simple, cool and sophisticated. Most other skins are too ugly for the ds but this one is right for me. =]
    http://www.ndsthemes.com/themes/details/a134328202

2. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Yoshi theme 8)

3. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

Super Mario Bros. 3 Theme

4. warriorblade

warriorblade Well-Known Member

Maple Story Theme

5. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

http://www.ndsthemes.com/themes/details/cyclods/fbd7adc12a
    On my Cyclo, I made that skin too. ^_^

And default on my EZFlash V Plus

6. t0mmyTC

t0mmyTC Active Member

xbox 360 theme

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I've got a mix of Zelda, iPhone, Mario and other shit. Good stuff.

8. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

How do you make Themes...?

9. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

Its not to hard with the cyclo DS, you create a folder and copy all the files from one skin in it and edit all the images with paint! You can create the files new as well but i dont dont know how many pixels they all have^^

10. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

For the above website do I need to register to download new skins for my M3 Real flashcart?

*Is viewing the website right now.*

11. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

Basically what was said before.
    http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=701
    That's the CycloDS Faq on how to do it, it's all very similar though.

And Mishy, you shouldn't need to register. :)

12. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

Well, I'm using the black Serene theme.

[​IMG]

13. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I'm currently using this one.
    [​IMG]

Downloaded today a few moments ago.
    [​IMG]

I love Pink and Black together, and this was the best one I saw...(Happens to be Hello Kitty...)
    [​IMG]

And I thought this was just nice even though it's a Mac OS desktop pic.
    [​IMG]

I was just wondering do the themes have to be card specific? Like I saw a theme for the R4DS/M3DS and I was tempted to download it but, I don't think it would work on my card. Will it work if I use it for a M3 Real?

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes, but you probably wouldn't be able to use the icon images for the icons since they use a different menu. All you would have to do is rename the separate images to the named needed for the M3 Real to load them, delete the configuration file, and that's it. That's why themes are easy to make since you can just overwrite the images easily, however editing the configuration is a bit different (in an R4 case anyway). Oh and if you want to create your own dimensions, it's 256x192 pixel, have fun.

15. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Thanks Anandjones. I might get crafty and make my own one day...given if I have time.

16. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

I made my own on my R4 cart using a Midtown Manhattan subway map and the train numbers as buttons with the colored lines representing the trains' routes running between them.

My second set of screens uses the same colored lines on the top as the ROM list background, and I used a bitmap of the cover of an old subway guide with all of the train numbers on the front (which I faded into a semi-watermark using Photoshop) for the background of the selection screen on the bottom.

It turned out pretty good. Sorry, I'm on my work computer and I have no pics to share from here.

17. Lukav

Lukav Well-Known Member

I prefer to make my own themes. It gives my DS that more personal feeling in my opinion.

Here's what I have (As you can tell, I'm a fan of Bleach)

[​IMG]

18. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I was wondering can I ask for someone here to make me a theme? If so, I'll respond later. ;)

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

create a thread in the GFX section.

20. Necri

Necri Active Member

Girls Bravo theme my friend made for me ^_^