1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What computer company has good quality for gaming?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shockency, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Shockency

Shockency New Member

I just figured out that my computer has this kind of trojan. I was running pretty much all of the Anti-virus things my computer has. The main one says there is nothing there and my Windows defender says I have two trojans so I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking of buying or building a new one.
    Right now I have intel. Im not sure which is best like Dell, Miscrosoft, etc. I need a gaming computer which can also be used as a school work computer. Any ideas?

2. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Don't scrap your computer just because of a trojan. Provide screenshots of the Windows Defender message please, it might be some rogue antivirus trying to deceive you. Also try Malwarebytes.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

prebuilt computers suck for games anyway. Self build is the way to go. What antivirus do you have?

4. mehamgul101

mehamgul101 New Member

well i shall prefer you to buy the computer of Dell company because they have less chances of virus and their result of gaming is so fast i am using dell desktop from 3 years ago and still it is working without any virus .

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter what the computer is. The OS is what is susceptible. Regardless, self build is the way to go if you want a decent gaming rig for a good price.

6. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

GET A MAC LOL IT DOES AMAZIN THEEEENGS

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Dells are hellishly slow for the price you pay. They are also designed using non-standard parts so that if any part fails your only options are to pay dell a fortune to fix it or to buy a new computer, because standardised computer parts won't fit/work. They also have a high chance of dying early because dell don't know how to manage heat properly. (especially in those slim cases)

alienware are owned by dell, and are even worse. They throw the most powerful parts available at the time into the fanciest looking case they can imagine with zero regard for airflow or thermal performance and then sell it for 2 or 3 times the cost of the parts. The result is a hugely expensive computer with an extremely short life expectancy due to repeated overheating.

8. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Yep, that's pretty much Alienware for ya.
    Alienware = Overheat.