1. This forum is in read-only mode.

what card do you have?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by kurtfryer, Aug 14, 2010.

1. kurtfryer

kurtfryer Member

what flashcart do you all have?

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Re: uploading to megaupload traceable??

No they won't

But if you really want to make sure, then make sure you password the file and change the filename and MU description to something that doesn't look illegal. If you decide to password the rar file then make sure you tell people what the password is.

3. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Even if you do all that, you will still leave a digital trace somewhere. The Server on Mega upload or Rapid share is sure to have your Internet Address no matter what you do. It is best to read on your country rules before you decide to pirate games.

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but doing all that lowers the chance greatly of even being caught, There are sites that have files on there for years using these methods. My ways aren't used to make you anonymous, just to make the files look harmless enough that they don't check, also, if they are big files like 20 MB, 30, 40, 50, etc, it might be easier to name the rar files something like "family movies christmas 2009", etc, along with passwording them.

5. unqiueninja

But the thing is with alot of people downloading the roms you upload, you are bound to get caught one day ;D

6. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

so what, you're only uploading for backup purpose, right? ::)
    and I have more then 200 ROMs in my megaupload and mediafire folders, just for backup purpose... ::)

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

theoretically its probably tracable, but in reality they get far too many uploads to make it worth the effort and chances are hundreds of other people have uploaded the same file anyway (if the upload finishes very quickly its because they found the file already on their system and just linked to it rather than waiting for your upload to finish and having two copies).

8. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

Rename and add a password
    Hard to detect that way

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I do something very simple. I give the displayed file a very random name. Since it's usually just the .rar, it doesn't really matter what name that is. Using that, I kept my DQ IX ROM's up for awhile. I think the clean one is actually still up on Mediafire, but their servers messed up and ruined my Patched file.

As long as you avoid putting the full name or a common abbreviation in, the files should be fine for a very long time.

Look at the names for TV episodes you find on different sites. It just looks like a jumble of letters and numbers as to keep them from being detected and deleted for being illegally posted TV episodes.

In the end though, the tracing is in no way an issue. Mass download sites are gigantic and aren't going to worry about individual people. They just delete illegal files when they crop up with an obvious name.

10. kurtfryer

kurtfryer Member

iv put the games up with wedding descriptions thats fine i hope

11. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that there is still a risk of some asshole reporting back to MU of illegal content doesn't matter if its randomly abbreviated or password protected I just seen it happen at another site created a huge mess for the uploader.

12. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

can you get jailed or anything for being caught? just curious...

anyway, i'm using R4DS with WoodR4 custom firmware.

13. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

CycloDS baby. If you have a DS Lite/Phat, it's the way to go.

14. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

m3i zero if you have a dsi

15. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Damn straight.
    Who really needs a dsi anyway.

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

What the fuck happened to this thread?

First it was MU concerns and now it's what card I have?...

I got one of my files pulled off of 4shared. Didn't get a warning or anything. :p

I have AK2i.

17. AstroGod

i had an ak2i but it had shitty connectivity and later fell apart (stupid weak material :( ) i ordered a DSTWO and it is now on its way ;D very eager

18. unqiueninja

Put a thin tape or something?

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Ak2i isn't shit. :p
    I've had mine for a few months now and it has never fallen apart. Plus, it's pretty solidly built.

20. AstroGod

I didn't say it was shit, I said it had shitty connectivity (at least mine did :mad: ) the software was great though!