1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What can I do with these game systems?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by theojava, Jul 5, 2010.

1. theojava

theojava Member

I really enjoy emulation. Something about tinkering with a system, and setting it up to play games it wasn't intended to play is fun, to me. I'm not sure what to do next though. So I'll list the systems I have, and you tell me which ones I can do anything with. (Links to good, up-to-date tutorials would be appreciated too).

* Playstation 2 (slim)
    * Playstation
    * Gamecube
    * Dreamcast
    * DS (The first model, no flash cart though).
    * PSP (2000, I think).

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

PSP is the only one there (other than DS WITH fc) that can emulate things.....

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

not true, theres emulators that run on both PS2 and dreamcast.

4. theojava

theojava Member

Alright, I'll look into PSP than.

I have another question, but I figure'd it'd just be better to post it in here, than another topic...

How do I save games in Desmume, to a flash drive? Every time I save a game, and try starting it up again, it just doesn't seem to load the save file.
    Post Merge: [time]1278297194[/time]
    Whoa, emulating Ps2 would be awesome. I looked into Snes Station, and it seems pretty straightforward. I don't get how saving works though. Would the games save to a Ps2 memory card, or would I need to use a flash drive or something?

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Playstation 2 - Swap Discs and a flip-top or something like that to play burned games.
    Playstation...nothing much really. :p
    GameCube - Mod it, but be careful.
    DreamCast - Play burned games.
    DS - Get a flashcart.
    PSP - Flash it if it is flashable.

6. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

There are soft mods for the Gamecube, but the easiest is no longer available. The next easiest requires a moving the laser in the system for full functionality with burned mini DVD-R's.