1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What am I getting into? (SaGa Frontier PSX)

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by ztf, Sep 3, 2008.

1. ztf

ztf Member

With the addition of S PSX ISOs, I found myself downloading SaGa Frontier, despite a lack of knowledge about the game on my part. Now, I'm not going to touch it until I finish Legend of Dragoon (a game I am enjoying immensly), but I was a little... anxious after I checked out some youtube videos of the game. As RPGs go, it looks very difficult (not necessarily a bad thing), up there with the likes of Digital Devil Saga. I don't want to read a FAQ on it until absolutley necessary, so I figured I could request some general strategies here for when I play the game. Anyone have some?

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

You're one of those "don't look at a strategy guide until you get stuck" kind of people.

I was like that until I looked up FFIV DS and found out that I wasted over 50 hours because I did the whole Augment thing wrong.

All I can say is try to get AS MUCH as possible done before moving onto the next area, and that goes for any RPG that you play.
    If it tells you to go to Village B, when you're still at Village A, stop progressing through the story and do everything that you can in Village A before proceeding.

In general, you skip a few hours of gameplay every time you rush to the next area.

3. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

And if the RPG is good, you don't want to rush it.

4. ztf

ztf Member

Roger. Meticulous scouring of every map it is.

5. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

It's not always about just maps either.
    At least for the Final Fantasy games, there always was some sort of extra feature like Triple Triad, Sphere Grid, License Board, Augments, FF2's weird communication functions, Job classes, etc.

If you fully understand how those systems work, you're more likely to not skip anything.

6. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

One more thing: if this game is like DQ or FF (you level your character up), then you might want to spend some time in each area training your charater(s), and it'll be much easier.

7. Reider

Reider Modereider

Its not, this game uses a rather unique system in regards to stat gaining. If you've ever played Final Fantasy II or any of the Final Fantasy Legend games for the GameBoy then you'll at least know what you're getting into for the most part. If you're not familiar with either of those, then you basically have no levels to gain in this game, rather you increase your stats in certain ways like how you fight, how much damage you take, etc.

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Games like FF should be spent talking to everyone, exploring etc before moving on, or else you could miss out on something really good (an item etc.). Too bad I missed out giving some Augments in FFIV, so I couldn't get the better augments later, like Twincast :(

9. ztf

ztf Member

Really? Is it like Vagrant Story, where there's almost no grinding? Or can you grind to gain those stat increases?