1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What AceKard should I get?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by R1kk1, Mar 13, 2010.

1. R1kk1

R1kk1 Member

Hey! Me again >.<

So I think it's time for me to ditch the R4, as it's really not worth the hassle and trouble, especially when AKAIO is constantly rubbing it's ever increasing ego in my face.

So, I want to get an AK, but which one?

I have found a 2.1 for quite cheap, which is nice. But will this run the latest AKAIO verion? (1.6 RC1, if I'm not mistaken) or is that only for the AK2i?

Any help would be much appreciated.

(and if you know of a cheap, UK website that does them, let me know)

Rik

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I would get the Acekard 2i because It can work on ANY DS.

From the original Phat DS up to the new DSi XL.

3. R1kk1

R1kk1 Member

That's a good point. I only have the DSLite at the moment, and I won't be upgrading to a DSi any time soon, thanks to my lovely studen budget. =]

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'm going to get the DSi XL VERY soon. :)

I have enough money and I believe it will be worth to have a bigger screen. Plus I can get $80 off if I trade in my DSi.

5. angusangus

angusangus Well-Known Member

I personally couldn't find any for sale in the UK so had to get from Dealextreme and took almost 3 weeks. Got 2 but one seems to be faulty. Still waiting to see if their Customer Service? Dept gets back to me!!!

Edit: just found this http://www.all4consoles.co.uk/acekard-2i.html - expensive but should be a lot quicker shipping???

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Dealextreme doesn't sell them from their site anymore, but I think people have found the SKU's in their forums.

7. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Their is a topic somewhere here that has DealExtreme workaround links. You should be able to find it if you search.

8. R1kk1

R1kk1 Member

I actually saw that site earlier, but didn't like the fact they didn't support Paypal. However now I look further it seems they do. I must have had a brain fart.

And £15.99 isn't bad, with free delivery. The ones I've found have been £16.50 or more, some around £24.99.

I might have to invest in this... o_O

9. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

10. angusangus

angusangus Well-Known Member

That's not right mate, I bought 2 from there about 3 weeks ago and used Paypal. I wouldn't use anything else when dealing outside of the UK!!

A friend of mine sent me a link to the Dealextreme 'basket' where I bought 2 at $12.97 each.

Don't know if I can post the link here but if anyone wants it, they can PM me, cheers

11. zehro

zehro Member

He was right actually. If you search for the SKU they are still available, it is just that they have removed the links to them from their main pages.

If you look on the DealExtreme forums you should be able to find the topic which has listed all of the DSi cards available (AK2i, M3iZero, DSTTi, R4i, etc) and the links to purchase them.