1. This forum is in read-only mode.

WFC in Pokemon

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by khmaster0000, Feb 27, 2011.

1. khmaster0000

khmaster0000 New Member

Sorry if this isn't supposed to be here, but I'm really not sure where else to ask this question. I suppose it does relate to flashcarts however.

See, I've had Pokemon HG for about a year now (downloaded it from Romulation), never bothered trying to hook it up for anything online. Recently though, when I tried to set up WFC with the game, I'd get one of these:

ERROR CODE: 51300
    Unable to connect to an access point. Confirm Nintendo WFC connection settings and access point settings. For help, visit support.nintendo.com.

I'm running the game on a DSi, and I find this strange because I can connect to the internet easily when NOT playing the game, but whenever I try to set up WFC with Pokemon, I ALWAYS get this error. I've double-checked the password I've been entering, the SSID, everything. I can't understand what's wrong. Why would the DSi itself be able to connect to the internet, but the Pokemon game be unable to? Is it some ROM issue?

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Sounds like anti piracy, I heard this happening.

It may need a patch, which I got no clue on or where, just going from what I seen in the past.

3. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

Just me throwing random things in there...

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=51300&system=ds&locale=en_us

4. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

dsi supports internet connections that ds games cannot handle does your internet connection have good security if so i dont think you can connect it i think wep will work with a ds game but idk

5. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

Oh yeah...

DSi can be connected to the internet using WPA for surfing net and all

But playing a DS game you would need a WEP connection..

6. khmaster0000

khmaster0000 New Member

Thanks for the quick replies, I'll check out if there's any sort of anti-piracy patch online. Pretty much, I CAN connect to the internet via DSi, Opera Browser and all works with my WEP key. However, whenever I try to set up the WFC with HeartGold, I always get the 51300 error. I've tried changing my WEP Key, tested it out, nothing happened.

So yeah. DSi can connect online, but HG refuses to accept the same WEP key.
    Post Merge: [time]1298838356[/time]
    Oh, and btw, I use an Acekard 2i, so if that makes any difference...

7. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

umm... do you have the setting in the Acekard set to allow Wifi connections??? cause i know the newer stuff has that option now, sorry i cant be more helpful on this