1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Weird problem with Pokemon Crystal on VisualBoyAdvance

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bobobob1, Mar 14, 2011.

1. bobobob1

bobobob1 Well-Known Member

Ok, so a few days ago I suddenly felt the urge to go back and play Pokemon Crystal on VBA. After playing Gen III, IV, and V games, it evoke great feelings of nostalgia when I saw the familiar pixelated graphics.

So, I saved the game (in-game, not save state), and exited. The next time I loaded it, it said "Time not set" on the main screen. Then, it said "The clock's time may be wrong. Please reset the clock." I have the "Real time clock" setting enabled, but it still does this. Can anyone help?

2. j3ueno

j3ueno Member

Use save state?

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Try doing this:

Copy the content of the quoted text in this spoiler to a NOTEPAD.EXE/text editor, then you name and save it as "vba-over.ini" and place it in the VBA emulator folder.
    The above should be the fix for all GBA pokemon games, official and fan made games based on the original GBA ID.

4. bobobob1

Well, I don't want to use savestates, because the Pokemon Crystal game uses real time, so I want to let real time pass when I'm not playing. As for prectorian's fix, Pokemon Crystal is a GBC game, not GBA. Any other ideas?

5. bobobob1

Anyone?