1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Weird original-looking flash card?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Saiyara, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Saiyara

Saiyara New Member

Okay so I bought this card a lot time ago, around the time when I first started using a DS Lite and didn't know much about flash cards and stuff. But it's...not like other flash cards and here's why:
    -It looks just like an original DS cartridge, with the logo at the back and everything.
    -It has so slot (that you can see from the outside) for a memory card. But if you pull the whole thing apart into two, the way you pull off a cell phone case, you find a memory card slot INSIDE.
    -It came along with a memory card, complete with a firmware in it and 300 games. But there's no website address written anywhere, so I can't figure out how I'm supposed to update it.
    I really need to update it :'( I can't play Professor Layton on it and a LOT of other games.

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Hmm.
    It must be a clone, as the original R4's would have a URL listed on the card.

What size MicroSD is it (2, 4, 6 etc.) and is it a SDHC one?

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Clearly only an SDHC SD Micro card can hold that much game rom in it. So no...your cart certainly not an original R4. An R4 original cart can only use 1GB and 2GB SD Micro (Non-SDHC).

Would be easier if you take a picture of your cart or find exact same image via Google, also write down the exact wording on the cart's body sticker, and post them in here. Then we can know for sure what your cart is.

4. Saiyara

Saiyara New Member

The SD card is a 4 GB card.
    Post Merge: [time]1367315902[/time]
    Yeah that's a good idea. Hold on, I'll take a picture and post it.

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Yep.
    As prectorian said, definitely not an Original R4 as they cannot use anything above 2GB cards.

Good idea to post a picture.
    Does the theme or anything have a URL of the card?

Thought it might have been a bit exaggerated.

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Just in case you don't know how to post an image, here's how:

Upload the image to a free picture/image sharing site, e.g. imgur.com
    Copy the created BB code, and post it here.
    The BB code should look something like this:
    Code:
    [img]http://www.site/imageID/[img]