1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Weird (link is now included)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Duncan Idaho, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

well i was renaming all my .nds and .sav file since i got sick of the numbers, etc. when ia ccidentally double clicked the castlevania portrait of ruin rom, since iahve a mac and no mac NDS emu, the software chose to extract the file with the unarchiver, so i got left with what i guess its the dump of the rom, i was wondering if thats common to happen? or if we can remove AP with it, ill upload in a few hours the file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jqczz5ydnwo the link for the dump

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Probably nothing different than what DSLazy and other extraction programs do.

Some extraction programs can extract stuff from ROMS/ISOs. If you open a .BIN image file with WinRAR you can see all the files contained in it. These files are really nothing more than container files which have all the files from the CDs and game cartridges on them.

3. Duncan Idaho

oh damn i tough AP migth had a file of itself, hmmm, i got an idea, what if i dumped, and erased a file, re create the .nds, until it runs, if thats so i migth have found the AP is that possible?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It's possible, but not likely. People have tried and failed. They tore apart the Pokemon HG/SS roms and tried removing and replacing pretty much every spare file they could. It usually ends up with a game that doesn't start.

5. Duncan Idaho

thanks, BTW not in a million chances than the YGOWCROA2010 links are fixed rite?