1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Weird Cheat Code Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TheFreakinDuck, Nov 5, 2012.

1. TheFreakinDuck

TheFreakinDuck Well-Known Member

Before I begin, I'd like to state it's weird because of my complaint along with the question. I dunno if anyone who's used a Visual Boy has ever noticed but sometimes you get that "Codes Seem To Be For A Different Game" message. Then sometimes the codes work, other times they don't.

I really wanna play the GBA Version of A Link To The Past but when I use the cheat codes they don't work properly. For both Gameshark and Codebreaker. Infinite Magic doesn't give you infinite magic. Invincibility still allows you to die...The only one that really works is Infinite Health and I don't want to have ALL my hearts filled up from the start. Istill want to earn the heart containers as I play, just have infinite health or invincibility.

So my question is this: Does anyone know how to get the Gameshark or Codebreaker codes to work properly and if not do you know of any alternate codes that might work? (P.S. As for why play the GBA version over the Super Nintendo version? I just want to. :p)

2. serhat359

serhat359 Well-Known Member

It's probably a region difference, make sure you have both E and U roms and try the codes on both of them.

3. TheFreakinDuck

TheFreakinDuck Well-Known Member

I dunno what the region is then. I lost my original ROM and had to redownload from another site last week. I'll look on that site again though and see what happens. Thanks.